U

The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow

Chapter 9

Looking at Jungkook with confusion, Jungkook approached beside him and held his waist.

“What am I doing here?” Taehyung asked him while looking at Jungkook's face.

“Oh, my dear, Taehyung, did you just arrive?”

Taehyung looked at the person who spoke, and it was Jungkook's mother, Jeonwha. She is a kind, caring, and supportive mother. She really likes Taehyung as Jungkook's partner and badly wants them to marry each other. Jungkook's parents didn't know about their recent relationship.

“Hi, Eomma, yes, I just arrived.” Taehyung responded with a forced smile when Jungkook pinched the back of his waist.

“No wonder why I didn't see you earlier, I thought you won't attend again. I'm glad you are here.” Jeonwha smiled sweetly at them.

Since Taehyung got into a relationship with Jungkook, he didn't attend any parties or business proposals even though Jungkook invited him. He avoided talking to random people.

“I am glad to see you too, Eomma.” Taehyung replied, trying not to show awkwardness in front of her.

“I haven't heard about you two for a while. Do you guys have any plans for continuing the wedding? You guys postponed it for 2 years now.” Jeonwha mentioned their supposed wedding back then that they'd been planning for so long and were so excited about it.

“Actually, Eomma, I and Jungkook, we bro…"

“Apparently, Taehyung and I have been into quarrels lately due to my work. We are working on it and trying to fix our relationship.” Jungkook didn't let Taehyung finish his sentence.

“Oh, Jungkookie, I told you, you give some time to your fiancé. You are being a workaholic, see, it even affects your relationship with Taehyung. That's not a good sign, you should fix your schedule and focus on your fiancé. You should feel lucky that you have Taehyung as your partner.” Jeonhwa advised her son.

“Don't worry, Ma, I'm working on it. I will announce our wedding once it's finalized.”  Jungkook smiled at her.

“Good, that's what I want to hear. Anyway, your dad and I will stay at your house tonight since your place is near the airport, is that okay?” Jeonwha changed the topic.

“Sure, that's okay, Ma.” Jungkook responded.

No, that's not okay for Taehyung. He is sure that she will expect to see Taehyung in Jungkook's place. There's no way he will stay in Jungkook's house with his ex-fiance.

“Thank you, I will leave you two. Have fun together.” Jeonhwa left them.

“Why did you agree? Why did you lie to her?” Taehyung asked Jungkook and stepped in front of him.

“She's my mother, of course, I will agree to her.” Jungkook replied with the first question, but not the second question.

“I know, but don't tell me you want me to stay with you if she thought we were still in a relationship?” Taehyung retorted.

“I will do whatever makes her happy, besides, if I need you to stay with me, then do it. After all, you owe me.” Jungkook told him and let go of his waist.

Jeonwha is very pleased when she found out that Jungkook and Taehyung were in a relationship. She doesn't mind Taehyung's status because she believes Taehyung is the one for her son.