12

"Haerin POV"

After Y/N and I made up, things seemed a bit more favourable for us, she's slowly getting more and more comfortable around people, her depression seems a little better and she's speaking up more. I'm proud of her! I know how hard it is to face mental issues alone... I had Danielle, then I had Y/N, and now, Y/N has me.

Speaking about Danielle, we haven't talked to each other for a very long time, I miss her, to be honest, but after remembering what she did to me and Y/N, I find it hard to forgive her.

Today is a special day; it'll mark the first Y/N step out of the house after all this while, and honestly, I'm nervous for her. I remember when it was my first time out and everything was scary. The loud bustling streets, the honking of cars, the tires screeching, and most importantly, the whispers and the sound of people talking, to an average person it's just normal behaviour of people to talk among themselves, but to a person with mental issues, these whispers and sound of gossips will start to seem scary, like everyone is judging you. You start to hallucinate that people are judging you, making fun of you, and excluding you, your world starts to turn darker and darker, your heart beats faster, and you begin to feel dizzy and breathless...

I hope she can overcome this, she's a strong girl and I know it.

//

We walked on the street hand-in-hand, and I could feel how nervous she was, the hand holding onto mine was slightly shaking, her eyes were darting everywhere and her other hand was plugging into one of her ears.

I draw circles around her hand with my thumb and squeezed it a little, making her look at me and smile.

"Are you okay?" I mouthed to her.

Y/N nodded and grinned.

I brought her hand up and kissed the back of her hand, making her blush and I could feel butterflies in my stomach looking at her smiling and trying to hide that blush.

We turned the corner and I find myself waiting for Y/N, when we turned the corner, there was a shop selling hats, earmuffs, bags, and of course plushes.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that there was a shop selling scents and fragrances. I looked towards Y/N and she seemed too occupied looking at plushes, trying on hats and looking through the different things they sold other than these few.

Leaving her here for a bit wouldn't hurt right? I'll be back quickly anyway...

I ran across the street and entered the shop. It was like heaven, there was such a huge variety of them as I take one down from the shelf and take a sniff.

Oh... it smells nice! Let me try others hehe...

"Third POV"

Haerin tried smelling the different scents available at the shop as time passed by without her knowing.

On the other side of the road, Y/N had picked out a plush, a frog holding on to a sweet potato and a hat with ears and handles that you could squeeze to make the ears spring up.

She was about to walk out when the staff in the shop stopped her.

"Excuse me miss, you have to pay for those items if you want to leave the shop."

Y/N flinched when the staff held onto her wrist, whispers came all around from the customers as they discussed what was the motive for the girl trying to leave without paying.

Unbeknownst to them, Y/N was starting to sweat, and her world started spinning as the whispers gets louder and louder in her ears, she squatted down and cupped her ears, trying to block out the voices she was hearing. She was breathing heavily, and her hands were shaking, and at that moment, all she wanted was to find Haerin.