OS 8: Sol and Luna

"Mommy?" A cute little voice was heard. Irene turned to her six-year-old and hummed indicating to continue.

"Why did you name me, Solana?" She asked curiously. The little girl was always so curious about the world, always asking her parents' innocent questions which the couple will always clear up and answer her.

"Come here..." Irene carried her daughter and placed her on her lap.

"Well, curious girl... Solana is a beautiful name meaning sunshine. Even your nickname, Sol means sun. And if you're gonna ask why I picked the name, it's because you are my sun. You'll always be my light to the dark and my bright little girl"

Solana was just looking at her mother in awe at her explanation.

She gave out a cute smile, "So I'm your sun?" Saying excitedly.

Irene chuckled and nodded, "Always, Sol"

"If Sol means sun, then what is for the moon?"

"Mmm, Luna"

"Luna means moon?"

Irene nodded, as she gets curious about what her daughter was connecting.

"Then you're my Luna!" At this, Irene's heart instantly melted and she smiled widely at her daughter who was doing the same as if she was looking at a mirror or a younger version of herself.

They continue, having their own question and answer session on the veranda amidst of the night's peaceful atmosphere.

...

It is currently a weekend. A 10-year-old Solana comes running down the stairs excited to start a new day.

"Daddy!" She exclaimed as she saw Greggy by the kitchen island helping his wife prepare the family's breakfast.

He turned to see his daughter running to him, "Sol, My Princess" he says as his daughter hugged him, very happy to spend time with him for the day.

Greggy was indeed busy with work, but he always made sure to clear up the weekends to spend time with his family. That's why Solana's favorite days of the week are because she gets to bond with her dad.

She may have a bit of a daddy's girl side.

"Solana ha, you only saw your dad you didn't acknowledge me na" Irene pouted.

Her daughter gave her a 'sorry' smile and immediately went to her to shower her with kisses and crush her with her hugs.

"Let's eat na, Hon, Sol" Greggy announces as he finished setting the table. The family happily spent the three meals of their day and the rest together with memories to look back on.

...

The door suddenly opened, and it made a squeaking noise. A 13-year-old Solana entered her father's office with a notebook, paper, and a pen in her hand.

Greggy turned to the door to see his daughter with a quite miserable face.

"Why, Sol?" He asked her and signaled her to come near. Solana sighed and gave him the paper which had her math homework in it. She was a smart girl, but she did need a little help from time to time.