𝙑𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨 𝙙𝙖𝙮

Lauren hated Valentine's Day with a weirdly fiery passion. As much as she and Connor were a Lovey Dovey cliche couple (which was the last kind of relationship Lauren ever expected to be in), Valentines Day was the one thing Laurie would continue to dislike. 

Connor knew how much Laurie disliked Valentine's day, he knew she had no idea why there was one day dedicated to love and relationships, when any day could be labeled as just that. Laurie didn't like the stupid cheesey Valentine's day ideas. She despised the label of being someone's "Valentine", in fact no one really ever knew what it meant. 

Connor knew Laurie almost as well as he knew himself, but nonetheless, he was persistent on doing something cute for Laurie on the silly holiday. Laurie and Connor had even discussed Valentine's day, she'd even expressed her dislike for the holiday, but Connor made sure to let her know his determination. 

----///----

"Where are we even going?" Laurie asked from the passenger seat as Connor drove.

"It's a surprise, smartass." Connor chuckled.

"You know this is how every murder documentary starts?" Laurie chuckled.

"Oh, shut up." Connor smiled. 

"Seriously though, where are going?" Laurie smiled. 

"It's a surprise." Connor said simply with a smile.

The two drove down the road, listening to music as the spring air whipped through their hair. Finally, the truck pulled up to a fancy looking restaurant and Connor immediately hoped out of the car. 

"Wait here." He said and ran around to her door, opening it like a proper gentleman. 

"I could've done that myself." Chuckled Laurie. Connor took her hand as she jumped out of the truck. 

"I ordered takeout. I knew you probably wouldn't want to dine in at a busy big restaurant so I thought maybe we could eat in the back of the truck." Connor shrugged. Laurie looked at him, eyes glittering, and she squealed excitedly. 

"Oh my god you know me way too well." Laurie grinned. Connor's heart swelled and the two walked into the restaurant, retrieving the food. Connor and Laurie hopped back into the truck and drove a few minutes until finally the realization sunk in and Lauren's heart swelled with joy and love. They were driving to the overlook. A place where Laurie and Connor frequently went to hang out.

It was up top a grassy hill, overlooking the town and the city lights. From there, they could see the entire town. The football field where they fell in love, the school where they'd gone to for years, houses, parks, restaurants, stores, each place having its own special memory to the two. 

The truck was parked, an array of blankets and pillows were thrown into the back/bed of the truck where the Payton boy and Davis girl sat, dining on their takeout. 

"Remember that one night?" Connor asked. "The night that we shut down the scoreboard. We were fourteen." Connor reminisced. Laurie smiled and set down her food. 

"'course I remember. And I was freshly fifteen, mind you." Laurie smiled. "It seems so long ago." She said wistfully. 

"It kind of was." Connor said. "You remember it?" He asked. Laurie's head shot to the side as she looked over at the boy with a small smile on his face. She sighed and began to speak.