𝙎𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙠𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣

Laurie and Connor were out of sync. 

It was plain and simple like that. The two were older, high school was getting tougher with college applications, and sports were laying down the pressure of being varsity athletes. The two rarely had time to see each other lately and were out of sync. 

To top the stress of academics and sports, the two had been getting into small arguments more frequently, disagreements or minor fights. It was nothing the two couldn't get past, but it was putting what felt like a strain on their relationship.

----///----

Robert Simmons. Most known as Robby. He was a complete and utter asshole. Especially to Laurie. Ever since the beginning of Sophomore year when Laurie had turned him down, Robby had gone out of his way to be the biggest jerk to her, as well as still try to win her over. 

Laurie was beautiful no doubt. In fact, she wasn't just a well-known star athlete through Argyle Texas, she was also that desirable girl, the one lots of girls and guys had their eye on. Laurie never noticed though. Connor Payton however, had noticed a few times. 

It was one day in particular; Connor and Laurie hadn't had one of their minor little arguments or even a slight disagreement in a while. The two hadn't gotten quality time with each other in a while, so Connor decided to head down to the library knowing that Laurie would likely be down there studying.
Connor rounded the corner to hear hushed arguing of sorts coming from the back of the library, in a secluded spot into the shelves.

"What part of no sounds like a yes to you?" Laurie hissed.

"Why are you being like this?" It was Robby. His distinct smug voice. 

"Being like what? Telling you I'm still not interested in you?" Laurie scoffed. 

"You're being rude. I was just being polite, but you had to go and be a little bitch about it." Robby stated, grabbing Lauren's wrist harshly. 

"I have a boyfriend. Get your hands off me." Laurie said. 

"Honestly Lauren? You're kind of a slut. No one likes a bitch-" Robby began. But that was enough for Connor. He'd waited too long and was not about to let Robby's childish stupid games go on. Connor felt his blood boil and stepped out from behind the shelves. 

"Hey. Don't talk to her like that." said Connor, his fist clenched, anger rising in his throat. "You heard her, get your hands off of her." Robby dropped his hand but held a glare. 

"Connor- it's fine, I got it handled. Go wait in the foyer." Laurie instructed. 

"No what? Are you kidding? Laur I-" Connor began. 

"You heard her, go wait in the foyer, buddy." Robby smugly said. "You should go run along." 

"You should go shut the fuck up." Connor shot back. 

"Say that again. Just cuz you're Sean Payton's kid, doesn't mean I won't beat your ass." Robby said angrily. 

"Oh yeah? Try me." Connor began. 

"Stop. Don't be goddam idiots." Laurie hissed. She pushed Robby back who was too angry and shocked to move, and she grabbed Connor's arm, pulling him out of the library. Once they were out and, in the foyer, Laurie spun around and began to speak.