𝙎𝙞𝙘𝙠

A/N: Thanks again to LifeOfJessie for this request and chapter idea, u slay fr. 

"I feel fine. I'm good, I can play." Laurie reassured her coach. 

"You sure? You're looking a little low?" Her coached asked once more.

"Ouch, I'm just not wearing makeup and now I look sick!?" Laurie joked. Her coach chuckled and reluctantly sent her out onto the soccer field. 

Laurie lied. Laurie felt like shit. Her head was pounding, she was breaking into a cold sweat as shivers ran through her body randomly, she was exhausted and sore all over. But as usual, she was not going down anytime soon. 

Laurie clenched her fists, nails digging into her palms, and she flexed her hands, as she jogged out onto the field. She tried her best to ignore the drowning pounding pain in her head that made her feel like she was about to tip over. 

The Davis girl's hair was thrown back into a ponytail as usual, a few front strands loose and falling across her face, framing it. A few small hairs stuck to her sweat beaded forehead as she focused on not falling over, and paid attention to soccer and anything other than the pounding in her head and the obvious unwell feeling rushing through her. 

Lauren ran the ball down the field as fast as she could without falling over from the increasing pain in her head and the exhaustion hitting her like a tsunami. She swiftly faked out her defender, then passing it to her teammate. Larie went into a sprint and ran ahead, giving enough space for her teammate to pass it down straight to Laurie who tapped the ball into the goal. 

The crowd erupted with cheers, her teammates running over and cheering for Laurie who gave a tired smile, and nearly toppled over after her friend gave her a pat on the back. Connor was stood up, cheering louder than anyone for his girlfriend. He clapped, a huge grin on his face as he cheered for the scorer that was his girl. 

Laurie smiled weakly and ran back to her place on the field. The game commenced again and Laurie began to realize what deep shit she was in. She felt like walking death and was seeing double vision every now and then, she felt her headache get worse and felt hotter than usual, temperature wise. 

It was near end of the game when Laurie's coach saw the girl, obviously tired, looking worse for wear. Her coached called her off the field for a sub out. Laurie began jogging over to the sidelines, she was a distance away but close enough when she opened her mouth to object and say something along the lines of "I can probably still play", when all of a sudden, a wave hit her.

She had been standing, and the Davis girl found herself on the green grass, head spinning. She hadn't realized she'd fallen and didn't remember even falling over but there she was, found herself on the ground feeling worse. 

"Shit! You okay, Laur?" her coach asked, running over to Laurie who sat on the ground. The ref tweeted the whistle and ran over as well. 

"Never better." Laurie sighed, knowing damn well she felt horrid. 

"Shit, you're really sick." Her coach breathed, seeing Laurie's tired pale face.

"I'm sorry." Laurie sighed. "This is stupid and embarrassing." She sighed, shaking her head. 

"You're sick, no reason to feel embarrassed. C'mon, let's get you off field. Can you stand?" The ref asked. 

"'course I can stand." Laurie breathed. Suddenly, Connor was at her side, helping her up. "Hey, Slick." She groaned as she stood up, wobbly.