Grief

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

*THIS IS THE START OF SEASON 2... THERE WILL BE MULTIPLE TIME JUMPS WITHIN THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS, UNTIL WE REACH THE NEXT MAJOR POINT IN TIME!*

"Grief"

TWO YEARS LATER

The cold wind blew and with it brought snow flakes that were as thick and fluffy as pieces of cotton floating down from the sky. The sky was grey as the snow came floating down, the trees coated and not a single bit of green had been left in sight.

A thick blanket of snow sat on the ground and as Aurora stepped through it, bundled in her jacket, scarf, hat, and gloves, with Teddy bundled in his jacket, hat and gloves and a blanket wrapped around him to keep all the body heat in and keep him warm. The snow crunched under her boots, as she walked through the cemetery.

Godric's Hollow was a place she had wanted to go for years now. It's already been two years since the Battle of Hogwarts, and although Harry and Ginny lived there, Aurora had never stepped foot to Godric's Hollow.

Until this year, for Christmas. Harry and Ginny had married the previous year and this year had much to celebrate. They were expecting their first child and Aurora had finally decided that it was time she went to the place where she lost everything and yet somehow, gained everything.

Before even stepping foot to the Potter house, Aurora walked through the cemetery with Teddy wrapped tightly in her arms. Today his hair was dark like Aurora's and his eyes were as bright of blue as Draco's. He looked like the perfect mix of the two of them, that was until he sneezed and his nose grew and pointed slightly. Aurora chuckled because he now looked a bit like her father, Severus.

She looked from stone to stone until she had found the one she had waited for. Her heart stopped and right away, Teddy cheered. It was as though he knew what they were looking at, as brilliant as he was, she knew that he could not have been able to read the stone.

Lily and James Potter's stone sat there, tall, and with a few inches of snow on the top. Winter flowers potted and in full bloom, bringing a bit of life and joy to such a dreary place.

Aurora stood there and stared at their names. She was nearly as old as her mother was now, by the summer she'd be 21, the same age her mother and father were when they were murdered. It felt strange, for her to be as old as they were, and yet- she felt as though she hadn't even accomplished anything that even matched their legacy.

But Harry would tell her otherwise. Harry would remind his sister that she had done greatness, she had helped bring down Death Eaters and Voldemort, she had Voldemort fooled, she and Draco fought bravely and have raised Teddy to the best of their ability.

Although, Aurora felt as though she should have done more. She could have taken more Death Eaters down and helped Harry more had she not been so sought out on getting revenge on Blaise...

All she had wanted since finding out these were her parents, was to be like them, to leave her own footprint in the world like they did. And she struggled with how to go about that. Until she looked at Teddy who had his head resting on her shoulder, his cheeks red from the blowing wind, and snow flakes melting on his lips.

"Teddy, this is my mum and dad, Lily and James..." She muttered. "They died to protect Uncle Harry and I... Just like how your Mum and Dad- Remus and Tonks, they fought and died to protect you. To protect all of us. I hope you know, I'll always be that brave for you. I'll always fight for you- to protect you and keep that smile on your face."

Teddy giggled and smiled at her.

"Mama- I cold!" He shivered and she pulled the blanket up closer to cover him.