1

Read. Vote. Comment.

-----

They had just finished the last item on the list for the Graha Pravesh. The Shahs announced that it was time for them to leave. " We just came and we have to go again," Pakhi says. " True, but we can't stay here forever," Kinjal says. 

Anupama hugged her children and kissed their foreheads. I hope you all are not going to start crying again," Mukku says. " No, we are happy for mummy and it's not like she's moving away from Ahmedabad," Samar says.

"Exactly, we will be staying here for a while until we get our own house," Anuj says. "Congratulations guys," Devika says. "I am going to the temple to thank God for today," GK says. The rest of them looked at Mukku. "What?" Mukku asks.

"Won't you let the husband and wife have some time alone to talk?" Devika asks. "I don't have anywhere to go and besides, I am sure they don't mind me here," Mukku says. "Haan, we will have dinner together," Anupama says.

"No, Mukku will drive me to the airport. Husband and wife should have fun," Devika says. She winks at them. They were not alone in the Kapadia mansion. Anuj hugged his wife from the back.

"Mrs Anupama Anuj Kapadia," Anuj says. "Yes, Mr Anuj Anupama Joshi," She smiles. His stomach rumbled. "That, I am hungry. Let's find something to eat," He says. They found the remaining food from their wedding and warmed it up.

They set the table and sat down to eat together. They spoke about how delicious the food was. They kept feeding each other. "I am going to get fat with all this food," She stops Anuj from giving her another bite.

"Anu, there is something I want to talk to you about. We haven't spoken about it and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable," Anuj says. Anupama washed her hands and focused her eyes on him. "What?" Anupama asks.

"Well, we fought so hard for our love and then the marriage. Everything happened so fast that we didn't talk about this moment," Anuj says. Anuj put his head down because he didn't know how to approach this conversation. Flirting and all had been good between them.

He never imagined in his life that she would love him. She did. He never imagined that they would get married. They just did. But this one, it's far beyond him and that's probably why he hadn't thought about it until Devika winked at them.

The word that he was dreading was "suhagrat". The dark night when the husband and wife are supposed to meet not just emotionally like he and Anu are. But also physically! The wedding night is usually anticipated but he is scared out of his wits to even breach the topic.

Anupama noticed that Anuj was lost in thought. "Hey, Mr Joshi. What's wrong?" Anupama asks. "Well. I-I am not proposing anything. We shouldn't do it. I respect you and just know that I have not been thinking about this. It just came to my mind now. And I am not lying about it," Anuj says.

"There is no need to do it as such. I waited for almost three decades and you are my wife now. I am content with that only," Anuj says. "Can you stop rumbling and tell me what it is?" Anupama says.

"I mean yes, I did it when I was in America but it was with consent. If you don't give consent I will be fine. I am not going to die without it. This love and flirting is enough for me," Anuj says. "You are making me angry. I don't understand what you are talking about," Anupama says.

"Suhagrat," Anuj says in a very low tone. "Speak louder," Anu says. He says it again yet in a low tone. Anupama pinched his hand and asks him to say it. "Suhagrat," Anuj says. Anupama looked down and blushed.

Then she realises all the things he had been saying. About not having the suhagrat. Her expression turns into one of anger.

Why did we fight so hard to get married if we are not going to complete the wedding rituals? Doesn't he know that here in India consummation is what seals the marriage?