Chapter 6-Kasey

Two months now. Still hadn't mastered the courage to talk to her. I was burying myself in work because what else would I have done? But that day, I was woken up by the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned and flipped over, reaching for it. The chick next to me stirred a bit before resuming her sleep.

Yes I know it was stupid of me to have yet another one night stand. But that was the only one I had after Alexis. I checked the caller ID and you can guess who it was. Alexis Reid.

God, why.  I watched until it went to voicemail but she rang me again. I sat up contemplating whether to pick up or not but I decided to. Two months was a long time. "Hello." I said as soon as I pressed it to my ear. "We need to talk." She said hurriedly. "Okay?" I said more like a question.

"I'm at your door." She said at the same time she started banging on it. That was sudden. I got up from my bed and woke the woman up. I didn't have to guess how Alexis would feel about this. "I'm coming." I said and hung up. "What?" The woman asked.  "My wife is here so you need to leave." I told her and she scoffed.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She exclaimed as she caught the clothes u was throwing at her and wore them. "Everything right now." I told her.  She wasn't wrong, something was wrong with me. The knocking was getting louder and more persistent.

She finally got dressed and I tied a robe around my body. We both rushed out of the bedroom and I opened the door for Alexis. The woman rushed out, mumbling an apology. Alexis looked down the hall where the woman was rushing out before she turned to me, eyebrow raised.

"Sorry about that." I said, sheepishly,  rubbing my hands on the back of my neck. She walked in and shut the door behind her. "I don't care. Seems like a norm for you." She spat bitterly. Was that jealousy? Or was I reading too much into it? "What brings you here this fine morning?" I asked ignoring her previous statement.

She rolled her eyes and folded her arms over her chest. "Do you have a penis?" She asked and I gasped. "No. Why would I have a penis?" I shot back and she sighed. "I thought as much." She muttered to herself and hung her arms on her sides.

"I'm pregnant." She said, no hint of amusement in her voice. "Haven't slept with anyone in the past year, except you." She said pointing an accusing finger at me. What the hell? "I don't see how a vagina can possibly get me pregnant. I'm assuming we didn't have a threesome with a dude and you're not intersex." She said, biting at her thumb like she was trying to solve a crime case while I stood there, flabbergasted out of my mind.

"Uhm. Okay let's rewind a bit. You're pregnant? And I'm, supposedly, the only person you've slept with in the last six months?" I asked and she sighed, looking at me with those big hazel eyes I didn't know I missed so much. "Repeating what I'm saying in a British accent isn't going to make it go away." She said, rolling her eyes.

Brutal. "So you assume I got you pregnant?" I asked, pointing at myself and then at her stomach. "Obviously not. Unless you keep a packet of semen here somewhe-. Wait. I think I got it. We got married that night. Maybe we did much more than that?" She asked me, pacing around.

"Like having sex?" I asked.  She rolled her eyes and sighed. "Check your phone's messages. Date it back to that day. I had a doctor's note on mine. Didn't bother to read it." She suggested, scrolling through her own phone. I got mine and did the same. There it was, the message from a doctor.

I started reading the note and sure enough an IVF was performed and the message was a confirmation and reminder to check if it was a success and something about supposed monthly check ups.

"So we got married and made a baby?" I asked and she shrugged. "Seems so." She replied. "So what are you planning on doing?" I asked her.  "About what?"She asked, confused. "About the pregnancy." I answered. "You mean am I keeping the baby out not?" She asked.

"I'm fucking keeping it." She said, frustrated. "I'm not getting rid of my child even if you asked me to." She said, obviously angry. "I wasn't insinuating that. I just needed to know." I did, rubbing the back of my neck. "Real question is, what are you doing to do?" She agreed, folding her arms.

"I wanna be in their life." I told her and for the first time since everything went downhill, she smiled at me. "Any other answer, and I would have circumcised your clit." She said before the smile went as quickly as it came. "Now about the marriage. Still want to get an annulment?" I asked, unsure of how to move around the situation.

"If it were any other situation, I'd scream yes. But we're pregnant so it makes it a bit hard." Ouch at the very quick rejection. But yay at the "we're pregnant'. She was being inclusive. "So no annulment?" I asked and she sighed. "Do you want to get one?" She asked, looking at me.