𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏: 𝐌𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞... 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮.●

En başından başla

I picked up my bag to put it over my shoulder when I heard a weak knock.

—Yes? —I yelled, looking for the shoes I was going to wear.

"Are you ready? There's a stand I want to visit and it closes early." R2 beeped.

—I'm coming, yes! —I screamed but I got to the door in time to still see R2. The droid, who was already rolling away, abruptly stopped and turned around completely to see me.

"Is that what you're going to wear?" He asked slowly.

—Yeah... —I answered, now insecure, checking my dress. —Why?

"We're not leaving." He finally spat, rolling away.

—R2, what do you mean? —I frowned. —R2!

"Just wait and see." He said, disappearing at the end of the aisle.

With my mouth open in confusion and a huge question mark on my head, I was left stranded on my door. Luckily, my commlink beeped to distract me: It was Obi-Wan.

—Hey, Obi! —I smiled at the hologram.

—Hello there, darling. How are you? —He grinned back, but apparently he was too busy drowning in paperwork to stare at me back. The poor man had to step up to do Qui-Gon's duties and that implied being responsible for looking at budgets, revising reports and signing documents all day. —How are things going?

—It's all good. We have that dinner tomorrow with the Organas. —I reported, not too enthusiastically. Given that we were already here, Obi-Wan did send us to do some Imperial missions. We were hoping that dinner with the Senators would give us some clues to the whereabouts of Windu, and... well, diplomatic bullshit. —We're about to leave for the market. I'll get you a souvenir, I promise!

—Oh, that's so nice, thank you darling. —Obi-Wan finally looked up and chuckled the moment he saw me. —Is that what you're wearing?

—Yes! What's wrong with it? Now I'm seriously considering changing. —I pouted, straightening the skirt of the dress.

—There's nothing wrong with it. —Obi-Wan explained in a gentle tone. —Just wait until Anakin sees you. —He laughed again, going back to signing something.

—Why?

—You're not going anywhere... —He vaguely said, shrugging his shoulders.

—Whatever. —I huffed, crossing my arms. —Do you need anything else?

—Actually, yes. So... how was the date? —Obi-Wan's face suddenly turned saucy. —Was it nice?

Oh, yeah. The elephant in the room.

It never crossed my mind to spill the beans to Obi-Wan about Anakin's confession. Not even us were talking about it... like we agreed. Though it just happened yesterday, I was able to see Anakin's impulses to pronounce the forbidden words again: when we woke up this morning and just contemplated each other for an excruciating long period of time, or when we he cooked me pancakes this morning and I couldn't hide how smily it made me that thoughtful gesture.

I was sitting on the edge of the table with his shirt as a pajama, chewing on the fluffy dough when I let go a cheerful hum, showing him my appreciation for his cooking. The whole domestic vibe of the moment directly led us to start pampering and feeding each other and when we stopped to eat some more, for a split second I saw the urge exploding in him. But instead, he limited himself to saying:

"I...am glad that you liked them."

So like a phantom haunting us, the words remained in the shadows. Out of our reach and out of our minds, keeping us... out of trouble.