𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐐𝐮𝐢-𝐆𝐨𝐧 𝐆𝐢𝐧'𝐬.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

WARNING: Mentions of sex and alcohol.

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to wapforanne ! I just knew I had to dedicate this one to her, I can't wait to see what she has to say about it lol. Thanks for all the happiness you bring me with your comments!

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

Y/n's POV

I wasn't a sore loser. I really wasn't. Yes, you are. Well, maybe I was.

I didn't want to give the impression that I was immature. I could take a loss. But losing against him? I needed to retrieve the ground, take back some of the power. Not only was it incredibly easy for me to melt into a puddle whenever he touched me, but apparently his effects were starting to affect my work performance as well.

The rest of the afternoon I spent it resting in my room. Qui-Gon had canceled training lessons, so I decided to give a break after such a humiliating defeat. Surprisingly, Anakin didn't show up at my door at all, nor did he try to go through my shields. It was a peaceful moment of me-time and I was grateful that I could be alone with my thoughts, mediatting, and leaving the world behind.

Around 6pm I got up and took a shower. I promised Obi-Wan that I was going to be there, keeping him company while he prepared the cocktails. I put on a more casual outfit, given the non-professional nature of the gathering. Before leaving, I grabbed my jacket to protect me from the freezing breeze and I parted my way to the kitchen.

—Hi. —I entered the room and I smiled at Obi, who was not facing me and was fully focused on cutting pineapples.

—Hey, Y/n. Where have you been? —He asked, turning his face up his shoulder for a second before returning to the sliced fruit.

—I've been sleeping all afternoon. I was dead tired. —I threw my body on the tall booth and put my elbows on the kitchen island, my hand supporting my face. —What can I help you with?

—Maybe come here and cut these strawberries for now. Anakin is preparing the little indoor garden with a bonfire, so after getting the cocktails ready, I will need you to help me move them. —He accepted my offer. 

I did as he said, noticing that Obi-Wan was really bossy in the kitchen. He was speaking in a totally different language, but I restrained myself to just following orders and not asking. He did piña coladas, the darthquiris, the Qui-Gon Gin's, and mojitos and he placed little glasses of vodka shots. I was starting to wonder how many people were going to drink with us, when Anakin entered the room.

—Hey Obi, the fire is ready and the chairs are set. What else do I do? —I tried to not look at him and concentrated myself on doing little figures on the pineapple.

—Take these and put them outside. I will have the shots out in a second. Phoenix, help him out, please. —Cursing silently in my head, I nodded and took one of the heavy trays from the kitchen counter, stabilizing it with the Force. Anakin took the other one and we walked to the garden.

—Are you okay?—After seconds of torturous silence, he asked me when we dropped off the trays on the assigned table.

—Yeah, why wouldn't I be? —I shrugged my shoulders, trying to play it cool. — Don't get comfortable, golden boy, this is the first and last time this happens. —I stated coldly, and quite frankly, harsh.  —You were right though. —I said, pulling back some of the heat.