𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬. 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦.

Hoth mission - Part one

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

WARNING: Violence. Murder, choking, physical violence.

A/N: I've been waiting for this arc for so long! Hope you enjoy it! Also, I changed the time frame of the book (this will literally change nothing). Instead of eight months since the Empire take-over, it has been two years :)

This chapter is dedicated to frqeira ! Your support means a lot, sweetie! Love to hear your thoughts after every chapter!

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

Y/n's POV

The rebels knew we were there.

Not like Anakin's plan was subtle at all.

We marched right down to the base, the snow was an obnoxious obstacle for us to walk on, so I ignited my lightsaber and let the heat of it melt the snow out of the way. I was sure my nose was red due to the chilling breeze, the cloak not being enough protection for my face. That only made me angrier. I fucking hated the cold.

I held my lightsaber in a horizontal position in front of my face, letting both sides of the structure diverge into two blaster shots. Pathetic. The rebels were hiding behind a really sad trench. Of course, everything would look pathetic beside the sea of white helmets behind us. I must give them that their determination made our job more difficult than expected. Our soldiers fought back with fierceness, the Empire's guns being quicker and more potent. As we got closer, I could see the way their faces dropped, because we wouldn't back down.

On the contrary, our troopers ran towards them and engaged in a truly loud battle. The Imperial Army had the upper hand by far, given that the rebels barely had any armor to protect them from our blasts. Anakin marched up front, deflecting shots as well, his maneuvers so smoothly, hardly representing any effort to him. I was just a couple of steps away, helping Anakin as the first protective barrier of the clones. However, it was my job to identify the opening from where we would penetrate the base. The original idea was to leave the battlefield out here in the open, but if I was going to intercept some information, I needed to get in.

A couple of rebels retrieved once they saw how close we were. I got to hear when one young man used his commlink to make contact with his colleagues.

—They are here and using AT-ATs! We must evacuate!—We made eye contact and I smiled viciously at him. His jaw dropped and started to stutter.

"Mike! What's going on? Who is it?"

—I-I-It's- —His lips quivered nervously and I walked slowly with my head tilted.

"Speak, man! Who?"

—I-I'ts Lord Vader a-a-and- —Tears were falling off his face when I levitated him with the Force and slightly choked him.

"Fuck- No! Man, listen up! Is it "the Shadow"?"

I raised my eyebrow curiously and my smile widened at the nickname. The Shadow? I didn't know I was that popular.

—Yes! It's her! —He yelled desperately and I called the commlink with the Force, smashing it in my hand.

—I think it's enough, pretty boy. —I shook my head with fake empathy and pierced his chest with the purple light. I brought my own commlink to my mouth and called the trooper in charge of one of the AT-ATs.