Love From the Other Side

Start from the beginning

Harper looked toward the voice, a woman with her back turned to her spoke as she sipped something from a cup, her hair was pulled back in a tight bun, the mixture of blonde and brown knotted at the base of her neck. A cup was levitated to the ground beside Harper's knee, she looked at the water with a nervous glance at the woman uncertain if she could take it.

"Take it," her voice was calm and nonthreatening, but that only made Harper feel even more uneasy.

Obeying the command, she took the cup and drained it immediately, Narcissa Malfoy turned on her heel, her eyes studying the frail looking girl before her-Harper swore she saw pity cross her features briefly.

"Cissy!"

Narcissa lifted Harper to her feet and pulled her along, entering another room where four other people stood, Harper was pushed to the ground, keeping her head down as she tried to make herself small.

"Today will be a test, we'll see how broken she's become and how useful she may prove to be," Bellatrix's voice explained.

Harper met the end of a wand tip pointed between her eyes, she focused on her hands as she shivered.

"Imperio"

Her body began to convulse as she pushed against the intrusive curse, not willingly submitting to the magic coursing through her. The general pleasure feeling the curse provided seeped through her bones, but she continued fighting the unwarranted curse. There was a moment of temporary reprieve from the curse until she felt a pointed shoe meet her cheek. Falling to the ground, coughing blood as she felt around her molars for breakage, the darkness before her eyes swept her away.

The next thing Harper knew she was standing in Diagon Alley at the entryway to Knockturn, not many people were shopping today as Harper glanced around, barely moving her head under a large thick hood to keep up the appearance that she was still under the Imperius curse.

Up the alleyway, Harper's eye fell on one of the most colorful shops she'd ever seen, it was so colorful that it hurt her eyes more than being out in broad daylight. Harper blinked, her eyes not adjusting well the to blatant torture that was light. Looking back at the colorful shop she saw the storefront had a larger than life version of a man with orange hair.

We have our eyes on that shop, dead center of the alley.

Harper's heart jumped, banging itself against her ribs, suddenly a still image of a boy came into her mind's eye. It was a muddy painting, no facial features or surroundings could be discerned but the image made her want to go home.

Home!

The single word seemed to freeze her in place, she felt her foot move automatically beneath her, one step at a time. She was two feet from Narcissa before she fell to her knees, crying out in pain as something worse than the torture curse went through her body. Her insides felt hot, she watched her wrists begin to bubble from the inside out, she was on her hands screaming for help, but none came. She watched the skin on her hand dissolve, exposing tendons beneath.

"Help!" Harper looked up at the colorful shop, her only hope, "help!" She cried, tears fell down her cheeks.

Just as suddenly as the pain started it was gone, she pulled her hands to her chest, breathing heavily as she looked up at the grey sky.

"What on Earth do you think you're doing?!"

"She was running away! Simply wanted to test a blood boiling curse."

"Is that what it was?!"

"The Dark Lord thinks she's pointless to have around, her memory was tampered with. She's next to useless...might as well use her to test things."