chapter 2

The next day when they arrived at the barracks Carina, Gabriella and Amelia had gone upstairs and had met Andy on the floor.

-"Carina" said the Puerto Rican smiling.

-"Andy, are you still here?"

-"We're on our way back from intervention. We'll be leaving soon, Maya's on her way..." Carina had raised her eyebrows as if to say 'great', making the firefighter smile, "...she's really good as a captain... She just doesn't like it when we invade her personal space."

- "you don't have to defend her. She seems like a really good captain. I'm just afraid that's the only thing she has going for her."

- "maybe I should have mentioned that she was also my best friend..."

- "oh..."

- "we're kind of on the outs for... Various reasons, but... She's still my best friend, don't think she has a bad heart. My dad, our former captain, can't be a firefighter anymore, he has cancer... She hired him to be on the front desk, because that's how she is... Sorry, we're talking we're talking... I'm Andrea Herrera, but please call me Andy" she said as she extended her hand to Carina's friends.

- "Nice to meet you, I'm Amelia Shepherd".

- "and I'm Gabriella Aurora"

- "Shepherd.... Do you know Meredith Grey?"

- "yes, she was... She's my sister-in-law."

- "she was a great help to me when my father's cancer was detected"

- "Meredith is great"

- "but the point is, don't let appearances fool you... Maya will eventually become nice to you".

- "eventually..."

- "well ladies, I've released the three lockers in the back, facing the bathroom door. We got a note from Maya, team A and B are to attend the briefing this morning. She wants to introduce you to our two teams... I guess after tomorrow you'll be introduced to C and D. See you downstairs in ten minutes... Suit up!"

The three girls had changed in a whisper.

- "She looked nice," said Gabriella.

- "She id, but the captain, I think that it will not be possible between her and me".

- "stop everyone loves you Carina" answered Amelia

- "well congratulations we finally have a winner... I tell you, she hates me".

- "you had put your brown outfit" asked Gabriella

- "this is not a dating club... But yes"

- "and she hated you?"

- "I assure you... And anyway, I don't like her either".

- "I would have thought of a queer... Who has enough in her pants to become a captain" replied Dr. Aurora.

- "it's a cliché" said Amelia

-"and even if she was queer, it doesn't mean anything" answered doctor DeLuca.

-"I've never seen anyone resist you."

-"I'm not trying to hit on her. I'm just trying to prove to her that a PRT is necessary."

- "okay we're going to go downstairs" cut them off once they had changed into an outfit somewhat similar to the Seattle firefighters, but with their medic tag.

They arrived at the hangar and gave Andy a look to see where they should stand. She had raised her shoulders and pointed to the spot she had taken the day before.