Chapter 17 Weekly Dinner

Start from the beginning

As soon as they realized their feet had been unfreezed, the boys sprang up to their feet and bowed.

"Thank you master."

Selene was a bit taken aback looking at their eyes shining with gratitude. She leaned back and whispered to Fenrir who had come to her her side-

"Why are they like that?"

"Because you have liberated them? You know from that disgusting pig of a man." Fenrir whispered back.

"I see.. I am not finished with him yet."

Selene got to know from the slaves that there were hundred of them in total of which twenty- five were present in front of her. Few more had joined in while Selene was in the room.

"You might have heard from others about my intention of not running an illegal guild. By that I mean I plan to free you all."

Silence fell upon them after Selene uttered those words, the slaves looked at the hooded figure in front of them incredulously, some of them whispering to each other.

"I know you can't believe but this is the truth and I will also let you leave the guild if you want. But of course the moment you leave the guild no support will be given to you. It won't be my responsibility if you are captured again any time after you leave."

"Did you have to say that?" Fenrir asked in her ear.

"Of course, how else do you think I will get my prospective employees?" Selene replied before turning back to the slaves.

 "So if you want to leave, inform me now. I also heard some of you are registered slaves so I hope someone can bring them to me. I trust at least one of you know where they are?"

"I know." A voice came from behind.

It was the boy who Selene had healed before she dealt with the guildmaster. He got up and went in one of the other rooms attached to the main hall. The hall was attached with twelve rooms in total, all of which had different purposes.

Few minutes later the green haired boy emerged from the room carrying a large stack of papers in his hands. He placed it on top of table and stood aside waiting for further orders from Selene.

"Oh yes, can you bring the key too?"

"Key?

"For the collar on your necks" She got to know from Fenrir that the collars can be unlocked only with the key given to the master exclusively. She had searched the guildmaster's body and had found nothing which meant that he had hidden it somewhere else.

"Uh...we as slaves do not get to know about the keys...It is a measure taken so that we don't escape. We don't even know how it looks like."

"Fenrir?" Selene looked questioningly at him.

"It is true, this information is guarded from slaves in our organization too. I didn't think it would be common for all. I think we have to ask the guildmaster about it." 

Selene frowned, she didn't want to do that since he would definitely use this to his advantage. As she was contemplating on what kind of lesson she should teach him, so that he doesn't act too presumptuous, an idea came to her mind. She mind linked Lumen who had again gone to sleep after seeing that things have ended well.

'Hey Lumen. LUMEN!'

'What now?' Lumen asked, disgruntled about his sleep being interrupted.

'I need your help with something.'

'Help?'

'Yes, you can transform into small animals now, can't you? Can you transform into something small enough to go into that lock of the slave collar?'