Thomas was the only other person who was stood there. His frame frightened Edmund. He gulped.

"Good morrow, cousin." Said Thomas, as Benvolio, already convincing.

"Is the- uh-" He coughed, his throat too dry. There were a few sniggers. "Is the day so young?"

"But new struck nine."

"Ay me! Sad hours seem so long. Was that my father that went hence so fast?"

Thomas kept moving around, like a professional. He could have been an actor as far as anyone in the class was concerned. It pushed Edmund to be better, because he didn't want to stand out. If he did, then there would be more issues for him than he already had.

Edmund let the words flow a little better. "Not having that which having makes them short."

"In love?"

It seemed like a genuine question, despite being in the very script before them.

Edmund don't know what love was. Or, he didn't think he did. His parents were in love. His grandparents had loved each other. At one point, he even thought that Peter had loved the woman back in Narnia she had been so fond over.

But Edmund didn't know about love.

He wondered if Aramis did. He had been alive long enough to have experienced it if he had wanted to. Although, he didn't seem to be the kind of person to affiliate himself with romance of any sort.

Love.

He didn't even know what it meant.

Perhaps, if he ever went back to Narnia he would find what it was there. Here, in England, it seemed unlikely he would ever know.

"Out-"

"Of love?" Thomas, still fully in character as Benvolio, was getting rather close to Edmund. He was crouched down, beside the black haired Pevensie, who was pretending to be some sort of remorseful and lovelorn.

His heart was pounding. It was in his throat.

"Out of her favour where I am in love." He said it as if it were obvious.

"Alas that love, so gentle in his view, should be so tyrannous and rough in proof!"

"Alas that love, whose view is muffled still, Should without eyes see pathways to his will! Where shall we dine? O me! What fray was here? Yet tell me not, for I have heard it all." Edmund hated how long Romeo's soliloquy was here.

He didn't want to read it on his own, not with the eyes of some of the most well-liked girls in the entire school sat on one side of the room, separate from the boys. Hendon House wasn't officially an all boys school as of yet, but it was getting whittled down. Susan and Lucy attended its female partner school- St. Finbars. Eventually, these girls would go there too.

"Here's much to do with hate, but more with love. Why then, O brawling love! O loving hate! O anything, of nothing first create! O heavy lightness! Serious vanity! Misshapen chaos of well-seeming forms! Feather of lead, bright smoke, old fire, sick health! Still-waking sleep, that is not what it is This love feel I, that feel no love in this. Dost thou not laugh?"

"No, coz, I rather weep."

"Right boys, thank you. Sit down, now." Ms Cole stood from her hard wooden desk, and they did as she told them. "Very good. You'll both have to do it again next time."

"Bloody hell." Thomas whispered to himself, though Edmund could still hear him. "She's a right piece of work."

"You think?" He snorted, just a little.