Chapter 18.5

Andreas Callum Lucius

Gold suited her.

It brought out her eyes and matched the gold engraved handheld I knew she kept on her thigh. 

Small wrinkles formed on the sides of her eyes when she smiled and looked at him like he was the answer to all her problems. He held her on the dance floor, his hands resting dangerously low around her waist, and her head placed effortlessly on his chest. 

She wasn't facing me, but I could tell by the constant shifting of her back she felt my gaze. And for now, that was enough.

I wanted her to be uncomfortable.

"Andreas all alone. I was almost sure the end would come before that be?" I hear a familiar light chuckle behind me. 

Kinsley held a glass of a deep red wine as she walked over to me, a familiar smile painting her face. 

I grace her with an upside-down grin, "I could say the same, Russo. I can't remember the last time you've been single this long"

She took a seat near me on the chair to my left, hugging me lightly with one arm, "That's because boys are jerks"

I hold my heart in mock hurt. "Ouch"

She scoffs, offering one of her very hard punches to my arm. I rubbed my arm in actual pain as she laughed in amusement. 

"It's almost go time." She said under her breath. 

"I know" I answered, looking at her as she stared at nothing specific. 

It was now or never.

____________

Imani Elena Russo

Imani Elena Russo

"Can you all hear me?" Fabio asked. 

I could hear him clearly through my earpiece disguised as an earring.

"Clear" I whispered. 

"Clear" 

"Clear" 

"Clear"