Chapter Seven: You Are Not A Monster

Start from the beginning

The fake Peter didn't take his eyes off of Aries compulsing her. "My first mistake was ever loving you. How could anyone love you? Not even your own mother could-"

"Aries!" Sirius shouted over him, he looked over at Peter to do something but he was frozen in his place.

"You see, Aries, everything bad that has ever happened to me was because of you."

Aries began to shake her head.

"No, no-"

"Yes, you think I wanted this?" he raised his voice, lifting up his sleeve showing off the dark mark. "You ruined my life."

"I didn't mean to-" she stammered. "Please Peter I didn't-"

Sirius had resorted to screaming. "STAB THE LOCKET!"

"You made me this. YOU MADE ME A MONSTER!"

"NO I DIDN'T!" she cried, she raised the fang, stabbing the locket, she held her head down until the smoke cleared and the fake Peter had disappeared.

Peter's chest pounded, she looked at him, her eyes brimmed with tears. "I need some air-" he said, leaving the room.

☽☆☾

Aries watched as Peter left the room, her chest felt heavy.

"Are you okay?" Sirius asked, kneeling down to her level.

"Yeah, I'm fine-" she muttered, she looked back at the door where Peter had exited from. She stood up, her head felt dizzy. "I need to check on him."

Sirius nodded. "Do you want me to come?"

"No, I need to do this alone." she said leaving the room

She found Peter in the garden, he sat on the bench in front of the small pond.

"Hey," she said quietly, sitting next to him.

"Hey." he didn't look at her.

Aries began fidgeting with her fingers.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah." she nodded.

Peter nodded, he chewed the inside of his cheek then he looked at her. "Do you- do you really think I'm a monster-"

"No! Peter I don't think that. I never would-" she said, quickly.

He looked down.

"Pete, that vision- whatever that was. That showed me my biggest fear, it showed you hating me." she said, "You are the one person in my life that I don't want to ever disappoint. I don't ever want to lose you and I'm scared that I'm the problem. I'm terrified of you leaving because of what they did because of me. You are not a monster, Peter." she reached over for his hand.

His lips twitched into a soft smile. "You could never disappoint me, Star. And I would never leave you because of them, I love you too much to let them come between us."

Aries let out a small breath of relief. "I really don't want to lose you."

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise." he said, wrapping his arm around her. "Your mother, did she..."

Aries nodded but shrugged. "It's nothing I can't handle."

"Star,"

"Pete?"

"Are you sure you're okay?"

She nodded. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he breathed out.

"Then I'm great," she smiled.

A cough disturbed them, Remus stood behind them. "Sorry, they're starting to plan the attack on Voldemort,"

Aries and Peter stood up and the three headed back inside.

☽☆☾

Three days later...

Aries was working late at the diner, it had been a very quiet night so Joey had decided to leave her alone to pick up deliveries. The restaurant was vacant so Aries decided she would go into the kitchen to grab a snack quickly, but she was interrupted by the bell of the door.

She returned to the restaurant side, her brows furrowed as she saw no one was sitting in any of the booths.

"Hello?" she called out.

She looked behind her, a silhouette inside the kitchen faced her. "Hello?" she looked down to pick up her wand then back up but the shadow had disappeared.

The lights switched off. "Lumos!" she said, quickly lighting up the room. She stood up, her wand in front of her defensively.

She heard a familiar cackle from behind her, she whipped around but saw no one. "I know you're here!"

Her breathing became rapid, she ran over towards the phone, she could call Peter. But as she picked it up all she could hear was the dial tone.

The cord had been cut.

A cold hand covered her mouth, she struggled in the grip.

"Scream and I will kill you." a low gruff voice whispered into her ear. "I'll make it easy for you Black. You've got two options. We know you're the secret keeper for the Potters, all you have to do is tell us where they are and we'll let you go on with your life."

Bellatrix came from the shadows, her eyes wide with glint. "I like the second option, Rodolphus. Tell her that one."

Rodolphus took his hand off Aries' mouth. "I don't think that's necessary, we've got a good deal. Don't we... Aries."

Aries shook her head. "I'm not telling you anything." she said, bravely, although she did not feel it.

"Very well." Rodolphus grinned.

Aries didn't feel anything before she was plunged into darkness.

_____________

Oop,

Hope you enjoyed 🤗