Chapter Forty Seven: Christmas With Snakes

The days seemed to merge into one, Aries hadn't even realised it was almost Christmas until Sirius had made them all put up a tree in the living room, he had made them buy new decorations seeing as the Black families decor was too dull for the fes...

The days seemed to merge into one, Aries hadn't even realised it was almost Christmas until Sirius had made them all put up a tree in the living room, he had made them buy new decorations seeing as the Black families decor was too dull for the festive occasion.

It was announced that everyone would be coming back from Hogwarts during the holidays in a few days, which made it more exciting. The house wouldn't be quiet.

Sirius was left alone most of the time, Aries noticed that more bottles of  firewhiskey had gone missing, she thought about telling Remus but she figured he already knew. When she was with him she kept him occupied, she knew he hated the fact he couldn't leave. Often they spoke about what he would do when he got out.

"I just want to walk along the street as me. Not as my animagus." he told her. "And I never want to step foot in this house again. I'll get one like Effie and Monty, bring Harry with me- if he wants to of course."

Aries smiled softly as he played through the scenario, she looked down at her hands and picked at her nails.

She hated seeing him stuck repeating the same day, reading the daily prophet as though there would be an article proving him innocent, making the same breakfast then waiting for lunch then a long wait for an order meeting, dinner, bed and then he had to do it all over again.

"You're not even listening to me." Sirius shook his head at her.

"Huh?"

He rolled his eyes. "What I was saying before you rudely zoned out, is that when I'm finally out, you, Leo and Dais can come round every week for dinner."

She nodded in agreement. "That would be great, as long as you're not the one cooking."

"What? My cooking is amazing."

"Sirius you burnt water, how do you burn water?"

"I have been out of practice for a few years, leave me alone." he then started to nod. "Yeah, I think I might leave the cooking to Remus, he's more competent at cooking... but it will mostly be raw meat."

"I guess I'll do the cooking then?"

"Awh, yeah that would probably be great, thanks Air."

She shook her head. "So you invite me to your house- for dinner, but I have to cook it?"

"Yeah, that sounds about right." he said, nodding sufficiently. 

"You're such a prick." she muttered, throwing a pillow at him.

"Well now you're uninvited to dinner that you were gonna cook."

"Have fun with your burnt water and raw meat."

"How do you burn water?" Leo asked, a questionable look on his tired face, he'd just gotten back in from his shift at the hospital.

"Oh, I didn't know you were home tonight," Aries said, her voice with disappointment, the couple had barely spent any time together since Daisy had gone to Hogwarts, Leo was busy at work and Aries was busy with the order. "I said I'd cover Arthur's watch tonight."