Chapter 6 : Date resumed.

Third person point of view

Back to present

This was the first time Haruto thought someone was cute in a while. Junkyu was late and Haruto didn't really want to have this date, but looking at Junkyu he forgot that. Junkyu was good looking and he also had really good proportions. The bell sound brought Haruto out of his thoughts. They just sat in silence. 

Haruto felt like it would get more awkward if they don't talk. And they also need to know each other. He decided to speak up first. " Umm... if you don't mind me asking... " Junkyu turned to him. " How old are you ? " Haruto asked hesitantly. Junkyu could see he was trying to put a little effort and start a conversation. He sat properly. 

" I am 27 ". Haruto nodded. " What about you ? " Junkyu asked back. They were both using honorifics and speaking politely. " I am 26 ". Junkyu made an 'oh' and nodded. " What about job... ? " Junkyu asked this time. " I work in the management department ". Junkyu nodded. " What about you ? " 

" I am a botanist ". Junkyu answered. Haruto's eyebrows shot up. He nodded impressed. " That's impressive ". Junkyu chuckled. " Not really ". Haruto smiled. Their orders were served. The both of them started eating it. Junkyu liked the taste. He nodded satisfied with it. " It is really tasty ". Junkyu said and Haruto smiled. 

They chatted about some random things like the food at different restaurants and then also a little about movies. They were done with the food. Junkyu was happy he could fill his stomach. " Do you want anything else ? " Haruto asked and Junkyu shook his head. " Then... do you mind if we pay and leave ? " Haruto asked and Junkyu nodded. " Sure ". 

As they were speaking, one of the employees who were carrying an ice cream on a tray dashed into another one of their employees. The tray tilted and the ice cream fell on Junkyu's shirt. It stuck there and was sliding down. Junkyu caught it before it could fall onto his pants well. All of them froze in shock. 

The employee kept apologizing about it. Junkyu put the cup away. Haruto stood up and took out some tissues. He helped clean it for Junkyu but it wasn't going off easily. Junkyu was still a bit shook. " Is there a washroom ? " Haruto asked and the employee showed it to them. Haruto took Junkyu to it. 

Junkyu looked at it in the mirror. He wanted to wash it but didn't know how to do so. If he does wash it, it is going to remain wet and it did have the smell too. He kept contemplating about it. Haruto who was standing to the side, noticed his hesitation. He could guess what Junkyu might be thinking. Haruto looked down at his dress.

He turned to the other side and removed the tuck of his shirt. He unrolled his sleeves and unbuttoned his shirt. He took it off and took it to Junkyu. Junkyu who was busy thinking about what to do turned to Haruto who was holding the shirt. He looked at the shirt and then at Haruto. His eyes went down a little and he realized Haruto removed his own shirt. 

The next thing he noticed was Haruto's body and his height too. Junkyu did expect Haruto to be tall but he was taller than him. He looked up at Haruto's face. " What is it ? " He asked. " You can remove that shirt and put this on. Even if you wash, it will remain wet, so wear this ". Junkyu wanted to reject but Haruto put it in his hand. 

" It is fine. I don't really mind it. I still have this on. And I should have a small bag or cover in my car. You can put your shirt in it and wash it later at home ". Junkyu sighed and pouted. He wouldn't have taken it but he had no option. It was a better solution than doing something about his shirt. Haruto nodded for him to take it.

" Thank you ". Junkyu said and went to one of the stalls. Haruto waited for Junkyu to finish changing. Junkyu put it on and walked out. It did look a bit big on him but it looked good. Junkyu French tucked it. He checked in the mirror. Haruto once again thought he was cute. He smiled but quickly covered it up. 

He went back to a blank face. Junkyu turned to Haruto. " Is it fine ? " He asked looking down. Haruto nodded. " It is fine. Let's go ? " Junkyu nodded and they walked out. The employee kept apologizing and saying they will compensate and all but the both of them rejected. They then insisted on giving a discount instead. 

Junkyu and Haruto looked at each other, helpless. They couldn't refuse anymore and let them do it. Haruto paid it and they walked out. " Let's go to my car ". Haruto said and Junkyu followed him. " I will pay you half of it ". Junkyu said. Haruto turned to Junkyu. " No need. It is fine. Cool ". Haruto opened the door and took out a paper bag. 

Junkyu put his shirt in it. " Thank you so much. And sorry too. I feel like I only caused trouble to you ". Haruto chuckled. " No need to apologize. It really is nothing. Don't sweat it. It was unexpected after all ". Junkyu could only nod. Haruto then took out a jacket from inside and closed the door. 

He raised his hands to put it on. Junkyu turned away when he noticed Haruto's muscles when he was wearing it. Haruto was done and turned to Junkyu who was looking around. " What shall we do now ? " " Hm ? " Junkyu took a second to comprehend the question. " Ah.. I am not sure ". He shrugged. Haruto looked around. 

" There should be a park nearby. Do you want to go there ? " Haruto asked and Junkyu nodded. " Is it fine if I drive there ? It is too much work to come back for it ". " Fine ". Haruto gestured for Junkyu to get in. Junkyu sat in the passenger seat and Haruto in the driver seat. Once they buckled up, Haruto drove to the park.

-MG

Author notice :

Haruto is so initiative. 😂 It is a nice thing anyway. He is also such a gentleman. 🤩

There is no rule that every date would be perfect right ? 😂🤷🏻‍♀️ Not being so normal is what makes it normal. 😂