Chapter 4 : Convincing.

Third person point of view

The previous day

Haruto woke up a little late than usual since it was weekend. He stretched and walked to the bathroom. He finished his business, brushed his teeth and washed his face too. He walked out of his room and his mom greeted him. " We need to talk ". Haruto nodded. His parents sat at the table. Haruto took a glass of juice and sat down in front of them. 

" You are going to get married ". His dad said. Haruto was about to take a sip but stopped at those words. " What ? " He asked like he heard something ridiculous. " We found someone who will be a perfect match for you. So we will fix everything and let you know ". His dad said with a smile. Haruto scoffed. " What are you saying ? How can you do that ? " 

" You aren't willing to do it by yourself anyway. So we are going to do it ". His mom replied. " I didn't say I am not- " " I don't want to listen to all those things which you young people say whenever the topic of marriage comes up. We know it is your route of escaping and not really a reason. So don't even try ". 

His mom said and that shut Haruto up. He tried at least. He picked up the glass drinking the juice. " You can go meet him tomorrow. Let me know where you want to and I will pass on the information ". Haruto sighed and ran a hand through his hair. " You guys are seriously out of hand ". Haruto said staring hard at them. His parents looked totally unfazed. 

He looked around not knowing what to say. " Why ? Why are you being like this ? " He asked, genuinely curious. " I want to do things for you in the age that you have to and when we can ". His mom said and Haruto rubbed his temple. " If you dare say no, I will seriously remove you from your job ". His dad warned and Haruto rolled his eyes with a smirk. 

" You think I can't get a job outside ? Just so you know, they are going to pay me a lot more if I go outside ". He said and drank the juice. His dad nodded. " Then, I might as well disown you. Since you can live very well on your own ". Haruto couldn't believe what he was hearing. He scoffed lightly. " You are going too far now ". 

His dad just shrugged. " You know your grandparents have been asking about this for a while now ". His mom said. " I am still young ". Haruto rebutted. His mom looked serious. " That is why we want you to get married. There will be no use of doing so after you get into 30 s ". Haruto didn't know what to say to that.

It felt like he was running in the same place. So he just continued to drink the juice. He kept thinking about ways to get out of this but it seemed futile. His parents looked like they were dead set on making it happen. He finished the glass and looked up at them. They both took his silence as acceptance.

" You will be meeting tomorrow. So tell me the time and location as soon as possible ". Haruto ducked his head and nodded. He let out a sigh. " Can you at least tell me about that person ? " They shook their heads. His mouth opened but nothing came out. He just closed it. He was done with them. He shook his head and left. He went to his room. 

His parents watched him till he was out of their sight. The husband and wife shared a high five. They both chuckled. Haruto came out of his room for lunch. After finishing he went to his room again and slept for a while. He worked overtime in the past week and also a night shift. So he felt like sleeping and did that. He woke up after a few hours. 

He looked out of his window and the sun was already setting and was at the edge. He sighed and got out of bed. His phone started ringing. He saw the name ' Park Jeongwoo ' being displayed on the screen. He picked it up. " Hello ". " Ruto-ya, I want to go out for some drinks. Come with me ". Haruto thought for a second. 

" Alright. The usual place ? " " Yep ". " I'll be there ". " Okaayy~ see you ". Haruto hung up and looked down at his attire. He was wearing a pair of sweat pants and t-shirt. He shrugged and picked up a hoodie. He put it on and walked out of his room. He went to find his mom. " I am going out for dinner with Jeongwoo ". 

His mom nodded. " Don't stay out too late ". He nodded and walked out. The place was at a walking distance. So he took his time and strolled there. He entered the place and greeted the owner. The owner smiled and greeted him back. He walked in and saw Jeongwoo was already there. Jeongwoo saw him and waved enthusiastically. 

-MG

Author notice :

My BR liked his parents high five. 😂 

The number of words is highly iffy. 😂 I don't have any fixed target. Because the content is a bit difficult to cut. So I am just focusing on finding a proper point to break the chapters, instead of the number of words. So some are a bit short while some are a little long than the short ones. 😂

I really lost touch. I have almost nothing to say for the chapters. 😂 So if you don't see an A/N, you know why. 😂