"If you embarrass him then why is he even with you?"

I shrugged my shoulders pathetically. I always thought my relationship with Chris wasn't the best but hearing all the things he did to me aloud made me realize how unhealthy it really was.

"Why you stayed? Dick too bomb?" She laughed.

Me and her laughed about it for a few seconds before the laughter died down.

"He's really nice and-"

"Forreal? He did all that shit and you think hes nice?" She asked.

For whatever reason I felt like I had to defend Chris. "He is nice! Besides all that stuff he was really sweet to me."

That was a huge lie. I can't even remember all the times Chris had made me upset. But still I didn't want this girl that it was all bad.

"Is he your first boyfriend?" The girl inquired.

"Yeah," I answered, a little flushed. Its embarrasing that i'm 17 and have only had one boyfriend.

"I can tell. You seem real attached even though he ain't shit," She said. She pulled her phone out, read something, rolled her eyes, and shoved it back in her pocket. "So why you and Chris broke up forreal? I know theres more then just him ignoring you."

My back slumped as I felt myself get sad all over again.

"Me and him had sex. And after it, he started ignoring me and stuff. We got into an argument this morning and basically he slept with me because it was a bet. He got money for it," I mumbled.

The girls eyes widened and I saw the familiar look of pity.

"Damn," was all she said.

"Yeah. And he's not even sorry. He doesn't even care!" I croaked out.

You know how when you might cry you get that weird feeling in your throat and its hard to talk? That was happening to me now. I took a random folder off the floor and started fanning myself to prevent anymore tears.

The girl scoffed. "Girl, don't do all that."

"Do what?"

"Sit here and cry and be upset. Don't worry about a nigga that ain't worried about you," she exclaimed, hopping off the heater.

That was so true. I know for a fact that Chris isn't crying over me. What am I doing crying over him then?

I jumped off the heater and followed the girl outside into the hallway.

"Thats such good advice," I said, seriously.

"Right? It would save girls a lot of time to just stop crying and move the fuck on."

I hadn't realized how long we were talking in the bathroom. Homeroom had finished and we were 10 minutes late to first period.

"Whats your name?" I asked. I realized that I still didn't know who she was.

"Its Kiana," she replied.

"Who do you have now?"

"Mr. Lee."

We approached Mr. Lees classroom. Kiana said bye and went in. I tried to walk away but Mr. Lee called me inside the class.

I stood at the doorway. Of course Chris was sitting at the seat that was closest to the door. He was staring at me and it was making me uncomfortable but I tried my best to not let it show.

"Kiana, why are you late?" Mr. Lee asked.

"I don't know," She shrugged, walking to her seat.

"And Khadijah, you're absent," he pointed to the computer screen. "Did you not go to class?"

"I went to the bathroom," I said.

"For 20 minutes?"

"Mhm," I replied. I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying. I was focused on Chris burning holes into me.

"Get to class," Mr. Lee ordered.

I spun around but I didn't leave the class just yet.

"Do you need something?" I asked Chris.

"Nope," he responded putting emphasize on the 'p'.

"Okay then, stop fucking staring at me," I spat.

There was a lot of attitude in my walk as I left. I'm not sure where this new confidence came from. I don't know if its from Kiana or just from my hatred of Chris. But honestly, I like it. I've always been quiet and hidden my thoughts and opinions. I usually just go along with whatever.

Not anymore though.

------
Hey everyone! I really can't believe that this story is almost at 8k reads. I remember when I had only 9 chapters and 50 reads lol I really appreciate all the votes, comments, and followers. Thank you for supporting this book! -Khadijah