Pawn Shop Blues. Michael's pov

Setting vibes:

Setting vibes:

The rap music that blasted trough the speakers was so loud it was hurting my ears

The rap music that blasted trough the speakers was so loud it was hurting my ears. But I'd rather that than to think about Liz -my girlfriend.

It was another night where we argued to the point my voice broke. I don't know why she stays, I don't know why I stay.

Last time we argued till 3 AM, she made me leave the apartment. Well to be fair she THREW me out of there. Clothes and all. And yet I wonder if she'll call me after I get home to mine.

It's a good thing that we have our own separate places after all.

And so it was another evening with Mark at his pawnshop too. Where we both smoked and listened to music to the point our heads began to hurt. On days likes this I never wanted to leave the place.

The pawnshop was not big at all, small with gravity sprayed all over the walls. Vinyls, led signs, posters of hip-hop artists and blockbuster movies hung all over the place. There were a bunch of showcases which displayed all kinds of objects too.

I looked at one poster that was hung across the room and let my mind wonder. I envisioned myself on a stadium as big as Wembley in London, singing, performing and dancing.

"Not many visitors today huh," Mark said loudly -interrupting me from my daydream- while he sat with a cigarette on his red leathered office chair that looked more like relaxfauteuil, behind his office-desk.A red lavalamp stood on the desk and next to it were pens scattered all over.

"Not really no," I looked up the ceiling noticing a crack. The music still played which made me question wether he was able to hear my tired voice. And despite my sore throat, I still would have to perform tonight at "The Lounge".

"What's up bro?" Mark questioned while he leaned back and crossed his leg over the table. "Another fight with your misses?" He continued.

I simply nodded. Totally not in the mood to talk- or even think about it.
Mark understood the hint and stopped asking.

~
To kill the time I decided to rearrange some action figurines displays. And after closing time I left and walked to The Lounge with a cigarette in my hand.