03. Dead in the Water

Start from the beginning

"You know what? I'm sick of this attitude. You two don't think I wanna find Dad as much as you do?"

"Yeah, I know you do, it's just—"

"I'm the one that's been with him every single day for the past two years, while you've been off to college going to pep rallies. While Tasie has been living an apple-pie life. We will find Dad, but until then, we're gonna kill everything bad between here and there. Okay?"

Sam and Tasie rolled their eyes. Levi looked between them. Wendy walked by. Dean watched her with a smile.

"All right, Lake Manitoc. Hey!" Sam called.

Dean returned his attention to Sam. "Huh?"

"How far?"

Round and Round by Ratt began to play.

EXT. ROAD – DAY

The Impala passed a clothesline with white sheets.

EXT. BRIDGE – DAY

The Impala crossed a bridge and passed someone fishing off same.

EXT. ROAD – DAY

The Impala drove past a sign that read "Welcome to Lake Manitoc WI."

EXT. CARLTON HOUSE – DAY

The Impala pulled up in front of the Carlton house.

The Impala's engine stopped.

Levi took Ethan around to explore.

Dean knocked on the door. Will Carlton opened it.

"Will Carlton?" Dean guessed.

"Yeah, that's right," Will replied.

"I'm Agent Ford. This is Agent Hamill and Agent Fisher. We're with the US Wildlife Service." He held up an ID.

EXT. LAKE – DAY

Bill Carlton was sitting on a bench on the dock. Will brought Sam, Tasie and Dean around to see him.

"She was about a hundred yards out," Will told them. "That's where she got dragged down."

"And you're sure she didn't just drown?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. She was a varsity swimmer. She practically grew up in that lake. She was as safe out there as in her own bathtub."

"So no splashing? No signs of distress?" Sam questioned.

"No, that's what I'm telling you."

"Did you see any shadows in the water?" Dean wondered. "Maybe some dark shape breach the surface?"

"No. Again, she was really far out there."

"You ever see any strange tracks by the shoreline?" Tasie asked.

"No, never. Why? Why, what do you think's out there?"

"We'll let you know as soon as we do." Dean headed back to the car.

"What about your father?" Sam wondered, causing Dean to stop and turn back. "Can we talk to him?"

Will turned to look at Bill, then turned back. "Look, if you don't mind, I mean... he didn't see anything and he's kind of been through a lot."

"We understand."

Sam, Tasie, and Dean went to the car. Levi and Ethan joined a short while later.

INT. POLICE STATION – DAY

Sheriff Jake Devins spoke to Sam, Tasie, holding Ethan, Levi and Dean. "Now, I'm sorry, but why does the Wildlife Service care about an accidental drowning?"