Chapter 1: Like mother, like daughter

Start from the beginning

As you carry your suitcase to the front entrance of the school you are greeted by her.

"Ah, I see you've made it. How was your trip?" Larissa asks you with that soft and kind tone she usually had when making small talks with people.

You groan softly as you carry, or at least try to carry, the suitcase up the small staircase that led to the entrance doors before looking at your mom. "Yes mother. I made it, obviously. The trip was fine, boring, but fine. There wasn't much to see on the way up here." You whine and shrug your shoulders. "This god damn suitcase is annoying the hell outta me, the handle broke when I put it in the trunk of the car. And for some reason it feels like I packed rocks in there, it's so heavy." You add and look down at the suitcase real quick before looking back at your mom.

"Mind your language." Larissa said to you with much more of a strict and stern tone in her voice before giving you a small smile. "I'm glad you had a safe trip, darling." She then adds before walking over to you and looking down at the suitcase. "I told you weeks ago you had to replace that suitcase with a newer one. It's worn out from all the trips it had to make due to you getting expelled all the time." She then said with a slight tone of disappointment in her voice. She nods her head before she helps you carry the suitcase inside the school building.

You try not to roll your eyes at your mother while she is obviously giving you a small lecture there. "Yeah, yeah, I know. You're not happy with me getting expelled. I know, mom. We've had that conversation a million times already." You then said with a serious tone in your voice. "Look, I am here now ain't I? Let's just make the best of this torture." You then add, watching her. "Thanks." You then said referring to her helping you with your suitcase.

You walk into the school building with her and take it all in. Wow, this is more beautiful than I thought.

"Thank you for listening to me, for once. I'm happy you agreed that Nevermore Academy is the better place for you." She then said while holding the suitcase with you. "I think you're gonna like it here." She nods her head.

"Mom, you didn't really give me a choice, remember? But you're welcome I guess." You say with a slight annoyed tone. "You think? I'm gonna have to find that out for myself." You then mumble. "So what now?" You look up at your mother. Even though she was quite tall, you never really felt intimidated by her height, unlike other people.

She looks down at you while listening to every word you were saying, she then lets out a soft sigh. "No. You got expelled five times, we had to change to five different schools and I'm fed up. I gave you multiple chances but you blew them all, darling. What was I supposed to do? Nevermore is the better place for you. I know it's gonna take awhile for you to adjust and get used to Nevermore but once you're all settled in, you will see that I was right." She said, a now much softer tone in her voice. She then gives you a small smile. "Let's first bring your suitcase up to your room, there you can meet your new roommate, then I will give you your schedule and after that I will introduce you to one of our students, she will show you around." She then said before nodding her head.

You roll your eyes this time while listening to her. Shrugging your shoulders once again before speaking. "I got expelled because they couldn't take a joke." You say, a serious tone in your voice. Like seriously, I'm a shapeshifter, it would be a shame not using that ability to my advantage. "I don't think I'll ever get used to Nevermore. The beauty, yes, everything else? Not so much. And you know what I dislike the most? My mother being the princ-"

"-enough." She cuts you off mid-sentence, a stern tone in her voice. She throws her hands up in the air, she was clearly frustrated."Enough." She repeats. "Can you not complain for at least five minutes? Please." She pleads, letting out another soft sigh.

You could see the annoyance in her face so you decided to let it go. For now.

The walk up to the Ophelia Hall dorm rooms you stayed quiet, your mom already got you in a bad mood and you didn't want to make it worse. As you walk up the stairs you try to take everything in. It truly was a beautiful sight. The walls were decorated with several things, old photographs, historical attributes and plants. Every floor had different decorations which made no floor the same.

You make your way to the dorm you were going to be staying and then look aside at your mother. "So, who's my roommate? And don't tell me it's Wednesday Addams cause' then I'm out." You said with a serious tone in your voice, shaking your head.

As Larissa listens closely to what you were asking her, she couldn't help but laugh softly due to how dramatic you were acting right now. She looks aside at you and smiles slightly before shaking her head. "No. Your roommate is not Wednesday Addams. She's staying with Enid Sinclair next to your dorm room. Your roommate is Yoko Tanaka, a very friendly vampire girl." She nods her head while putting your suitcase down and opening the door to your dorm room.

"Oh thank god." You let out in relief and look aside at your mother as she puts the suitcase down. For some reason she always seemed to be so physically strong, it was unfair sometimes. As she opens the dorm room you take a quick peek inside before you realized what she had just said. Wait? Wednesday Addams stays next door?!