Vol 1. Chp 7: Swimming Class

AYANOKOUJI POV:

I entered the room. The room was pretty normal. It had a desk and a cabinet. Horikita-senpai stood up and greeted me.

"you may sit down." I sat down on a chair in front of him.

"So, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, why do you want to join the student council. Remember to answer carefully, you're answer may decide whether you are accepted or not"

"I thought that joining the student council would be fun. My classmates are a bunch of idiots who pose no challenge to me. I thought that the student council members could entertain me." ignoring his warning, I answered truthfully.

It seemed like he didn't expect my answer.

"The student doesn't need arrogant fools like you. But as the president, I have a duty to carefully judge any potential candidate."

Saying this he walked towards the cabinet. The cabinet had various shelves and on them were thick files. The shelves were labelled as different classes. He took out a file from a shelve labelled 'Class 1-D' which had my name on it and was much thinner than the rest of the files.

He also seemed shocked by the thickness of my file. He proceeded to open my file and his eyes widened further. He regained his composure and sat down.

"Ayanokouji, the average of your entrance exam scores is fifty which is below average."

To be honest I could get perfect scores on all the subjects. Initially, my goal was to live a peaceful life, so I got fifty marks in all the subjects.

"furthermore, you have had a pretty normal childhood without any outstanding achievements. Judging by your past and your academic abilities, you are not qualified to join the student council."

That was bullshit. The school didn't have any information about my past and that place. That was probably why my file was much thinner that the others. It only had my entrance exam scores. From his words, I got to know that not only the school, but the student council had valuable information about all students.

"I'm afraid I'd have to reject you." Horikita-senpai had made his decision.

"I understand" I replied and left the student council room.

I was kinda disappointed that I couldn't join the student council. But there's no need to worry. I have three years. I'd just prove my abilities to president horikita and join it later.

After that, school was pretty normal. Nothing interesting happened. Teacher's taught in their lessons and the most of the students didn't care to pay attention. The teachers didn't mind. A week went by and I saw my first opportunity to display my abilities to my ignorant classmates.

"Good morning, Yamauchi!"

"Good morning, Ike!"

Arriving to class, Ike wore a broad grin as he called out to Yamauchi. It was rather unusual for them to get here so early.

"Whew, man! I was looking forward to today so much that I barely slept last night!"

"Ah ha ha! This school is just the best! I can't believe that it's almost time for swimming! And when I say swimming, I mean girls. And when I say girls, I mean girls in school swimsuits!"

That's right, swimming class was being held today. This meant I could finally prove myself to be superior. Other than kouenji, no one had the chance to beat me.

"Hey, Professor! Come here for a sec!"

"Uh, you called?"

A chubby boy, apparently nicknamed "The Professor," approached them slowly. If I remembered correctly, his name was Sotomura or something like that.