Vol 1. Chp 5: Entrance Ceremony and Horikita Suzune

I went to the gymnasium where the entrance ceremony was being held. I reached the gymnasium fifteen minutes earlier and met up with horikita and the other students who had left the classroom during the introductions.

"It seems like you're here. I didn't expect you to stay back for introductions and be friendly with those ignorant morons" horikita said.

"I wasn't that friendly, in fact most of class pretty much hates me" I replied. She thought I was being sarcastic.

I observed my surroundings. The front part of the gymnasium was covered by a stage and a podium with a mic. The middle part was divided in four parts, one for each class. At the back, there was chabashira-sensei and the other teachers.

Soon, the gymnasium got filled by freshmen. Students of class 1-D glared at me while coming.

"Wow, it seems like they're really angry at you." Horikita observed.

The entrance ceremony was about to start and everybody had arrived. I started observing the other classes in hopes of gathering useful information.

To my left were the Class 1-C students. At the front was a student of average height with shoulder-length magenta hair and magenta-coloured sharp eyes. He looked intimidating. Some students of class 1-C looked at him in fear while others looked angry at him. It seems like he really pissed his classmates. Although I couldn't criticize him since I had done the same. I had a feeling that he would be a dangerous opponent in the future. Beside him was a tall black man who didn't look like Japanese. I wouldn't have believed that he was student if he wasn't wearing the school uniform. He was also muscular

Further left were the class 1-B students

Further left were the class 1-B students. They looked friendly and were politely talking to each other. Class 1-B as a whole exuded a cheerful aura. At the front was a beautiful girl with strawberry-blonde hair. She was talking to a boy who had violet hair and a serious expression. The girl didn't give me any dangerous vibes.

Unlike our class, class 1-A was filled with well-behaved students

Unlike our class, class 1-A was filled with well-behaved students. The students that stood out the most were a petite girl with lilac coloured hair and a cane, and a well-built bald boy. The petite girl, like kouenji, exuded an aura of superiority while the bald boy looked confident and diligent.

"It seems like class 1-A and 1-B students are diligent, unlike the morons in our class" Horikita said to me

"It seems like class 1-A and 1-B students are diligent, unlike the morons in our class" Horikita said to me. Unfortunately, some of our classmates heard her and started glaring at her. But horikita ignored them. It seems that horikita is observant.

The entrance ceremony was pretty boring. I wasn't able to find out anything new about the school but I got know that class 1-A and 1-B was more well-behaved than class 1-C and 1-D. Maybe the school divided us based on our abilities. But my theory didn't make sense as even well-behaved and social students like Hirata and kushida were in our class.

After the entrance ceremony ended, horikita called out to me.

"Hey ayanokouji-kun, I'm going to the convenience store. Come with me, I want to discuss your theory."

From what I observed, horikita was much smarter and observant than rest of our classmates. She might even be useful to me. Besides, I also wanted to buy somethings from the convenience store. So, without any complaint I followed her.

On our way to the convenience store, horikita started expressing her thoughts.

"It's not weird that the school installed cameras in the classes to monitor our behavior. What's weird is that the school has tried to hide the cameras in spots where no one would look at. At first, I thought that the school was being lenient by giving us 100,000 points on the first day. But if you're theory is right, then some of our classmates would not get many points. Sure, diligent students like me would be given points by the school but our class also has many mannerless idiots."

Horikita insulted our classmates without holding back.

"I think you are wrong. I don't think we would get points individually, but rather the class as a whole would receive points on the basis of their behavior." I said.

We reached the convenience store and talked while looking for the products that we wanted to buy.

"If what you're saying is right, then I would have to suffer for the mistakes of those morons." Horikita didn't seem to like the way that the school was allotting us points. Out of the corner of my eyes I noticed something.

"Hey horikita, look at that sign" I pointed towards a clearance bin stuffed with daily necessities.

"Free? I see. it makes sense that the school is offering free items for people who won't receive points."

"hey horikita, isn't that guy from our class" I pointed towards the commotion going on outside. The red-haired boy from our class was arguing with some older students.

"Well, if there are trouble-makers like him in our class, then our class wouldn't even receive a single point. We have to somehow convince them to behave in the class." Horikita said.

"We?" I asked. Did horikita wanted my help?

"Yes ayanokouji, me and you would convince the class so we don't lose any points. Well, I'll handle the explanation. You just have to support me when needed." It seems like horikita misunderstood me.

"Horikita" my voice grew colder. "I have no obligation to support you. Frankly, I don't care if our classmates suffer. They are foolish and selfish. They are ignorant and don't understand the workings of the school. They can't be convinced to behave. I advise you to not even try to argue with them. They are a bunch of self-entitled idiots." Saying that I paid for my stuff and left the convenience store but I could tell that horikita was shocked by the sudden change of my attitude.

I made my way to the dormitory. I received the keycard at the reception and entered my room. At first I wanted to live a quiet life and enjoy my freedom. But the school turned out to be much more interesting than I thought it would be.

I dived into my already-made bed and thought about my talk with horikita. If she wanted to convince our classmates to behave and wanted to be their leader, then she could try. But at the end I will be the one to rule class 1-D.