★Chapter fourty four★

Third person pov

Augustus's grip on his phone was tight, he took deep breaths to compose himself because his daughter presence, he inhale and exhales shutting his eyes tightly. He could not believe he could stoop so low to do that and because of his own lady.

"Aurora why don't you go and shower, I will make you breakfast and buy you an ice-cream before we get to the stadium". He comport himself, Aurora looks at her daughter sensing the change of his mood

"Daddy, are you okay?". She questions, her tiny arms gripping on her dad's top, her tiny fingers took a tiny handful of it

Augustus smiles, the best one he could fake at that moment"Of course daddy is okay, now go and shower okay love?" He add kissing her neck and narrowing her to leave.

Aurora smile before she skip to the door, she opens the door and looks at her dad. their gaze meet and she smiles"Go daddy and raptors". She cheers before she close through door behind her squealing self.

Augustus smile faded, he clenches and unclenches his fist as he wears his glove
His boxing gloves to be precise, he walks to a punching bag. He looks at the gloves then scoffs throwing them off his hands.

"I was good to him". He says, then punch

"I'm always there when he needed me".

"I covered up for him". He adds, punches the punching bag again.

"And he decided to throw our friendship for a woman, my woman and I love and always talked about all this years. She's the mother of my fucking child". He huff punching the punching bag three times.

His hands begin to hurt, he waves his hand then examines it to see a bruise coming soon but he scoffs and continues
Augustus never did good with betrayal, it was the first time he was feeling like this and he was not a fan for this feeling

He yells, his hands hurts, his heart hurts from the betrayal and Indigo not talking to him about it. Was he not trustworthy? She didn't believe that he could solve it? They can't solve a problem together as a team as two sensible adults?

He let out a weak punch and pants, his hand had a bruise, he was aiming for it and he got what he wanted, he rubs his finger on the blood and smirks"look like we're adding a new person to the wall". Augustus says, he walk to his first aid kit and cares for the bruises on his hand.

He goes to the kitchen and sighs, it's time to cook. He says bringing out the frozen dumpling and puts it in the microwave
"Amber-". He reads from the maid's tag
"Can you help me watch the dumpling as I go get ready for my game". He asked.

He walks upstairs after he has gotten a positive answer from her, he puts some toothpaste on his brush and brushes his teeth then takes a shower. He arranges his gear on his bag and pulls one of his jersey he had picked out for Aurora.

"Aurora-". He knock on her door, waiting for a response. He hears footsteps then the door opens showing his beaming girl

"What did you put on your cheeks". He smiles, bending to her height seeing the colour of their team on her cheeks.

"Paint, i saw people do that and I wanted to do it too. Is it okay daddy?". She asked, Augustus smiles from her sweet thought

"Of course you can Aurora, and wanna wear daddy's jersey?". He smiles, her eyes lit up with excitement and she takes it from his hands and looks at it.

Aurora looks at it before she puts it over her head trying to wear the shirt, She struggles but her daddy helped her. The shirt was literally a dress on her frame.
She claps her hand in pride running to the mirror and cooes"I feel like daddy". She giggles as he walks to his daughter and kisses her forehead again.

"Come on wear yours shoes and come have mama's dumplings for breakfast". He says as she skips downstairs.

He tucks her in her seat and gives her a small portion of food, Aurora grunts as her shirt got stucked as she pulls in out and checks the fabric carefully looping her hand on the expensive fabric.

She takes a fork and pierces her fork into the dough and lifts into her mouth, a pleased moan leaves her lips as she chews and turns to her father" Daddy, you are not having mommy's dumpling"

Augustus squats beside her, he takes in the resemblance between them. It please him to see his eyes in hers, his smile in her smile, the mischievous smirk just like his and he couldn't be more happy.

"Nope, I have a big game and coach will kick my as- me if I don't play well". He pause remembering the language is not something he could say infront of her.

Aurora tilts her head sideways "What if I remove the dough and give you the chi-".
A

ugustus smile as she turns to dismantle her dumpling.

"Chicken daddy?". She holds a dripping chicken in her fingers, the stock running through her fingers to her elbow.

Augustus opens her mouth as she slowly puts the chicken in his mouth and claps her hands together"Yummy and-". She paused and whisper"Coach doesn't need to know that you had chicken".

He gets up and wipes her fingers, He goes to make himself breakfast. He hates breakfast before a game but he has top eat something, he pops open a yoghurt then put adds some fruits and honey

Augustus sighs knowing it will soon be time to see him, he throws his yoghurt cup away" Good luck in your game Au-". He turns to see indigo, her eyes were red and she looked stressed.

"How was Alice's place?". He ignores her previous greeting

"Gr-great".

He knew she was lying to him for his sake but yet it stabs his heart when she can't just come clean to him" Do you trust me Star?". He moves closer to her figure, his finger traces on her features on her face.

"Yes, i trust you with my entire life". He smiled looking at the woman, his woman

"Then why didn't you tell me that we were beginning to trend as Porn stars?". He said softly, he just wanted an answer

"I don't know". She breaks down a sob, "my heart was not in the right place, I was thinking about your career and like Aurora and- everything was complicated and I tried my best but-".

"Shhhh". He cooes"Repeat after me".

"We are a team".

"We are a team".

"We can do anything together".

"We can do anything together". She says

"I'm going to add another person picture to my wall".

"I'm going to add- ehn?".

"Oh you don't know". He chuckles darkly
"I started a picture collection of people who think they can fuck with my family and get away with it".

"Your family?". Indigo repeats, she liked that word more than she should.

"Yes, you and Aurora are my family, it's one thing to ruin my career but it's a big thing to make you cry, look at your eyes"

"I feel dumb now". Indigo lets out sob

"Don't, I know what to do".

"Augustus". She drags his name is a warning tone, she feels the negative vibe radiating from his body.

"I have to go now, I love you". He murmurs the last part on her forehead, then smiles at her.

"Good luck champ".

"Thank you".

Ahhhh, sorry for the late part. I had to write a cv like who does that, my college does that but I hope you all are having a good day