-- Chapter 31 --

Magsimula sa umpisa

Sitting on the edge with your legs to your knees in the water would be fine as you wait for Avery. You took out your phone and noticed messages from Max.

Your phone rang for one second before it was answered.

"Omg, y/n, you actually faxing respond- do you know how many motherfaxing rumors are about you and Grayson?" Max asked urgently.

"No, I've only been looking mostly at Avery's gossip." Partial truth. "Why? What's up?"

"Okay so, there's so many people who like Grayson and they're all jealous. Like death threats jealous. People believe either you guys are dating or hate each other."

"You saw the photo of us in the hotel, huh?" You knew some people had seen the photo before it was removed.

"Are you foxing kidding me? Of course I did!" You could feel Max's grip on his phone.

"Y/n, here's the big question." She paused for drama. "Do you like him?"

"I..." You cut yourself off. You guys had moments, then it was ruined for any reason. You wouldn't say you hate him, but you aren't friends with him. "It's complicated-" You looked at the water.

"Something troubling you?" A sudden reflection appeared in the pool water.

"Gray!-" You dropped your phone. You buried your head in your hands before looking up. "You are so paying for that, financially and physically." You said before looking at your phone at the bottom of the pool, knowing Max was wondering why the call cut off.

"It's Grayson. " He ignored your anger at him for making you drop your phone into the water. "I'm aware my brothers have been-"

"Annoying me, yes. Wow, youre so smart." You rolled your eyes.

Grayson noticed the way you werent even bothered by it. It was afriad you'd ask if he was really acting strange. So he went straight to the other point.

"I'd prefer it if you'd finish your time here soon."

"I'd prefer it if you'd let me stay."

"The point of a pool is to swim."

"But I ain't leaving." You showed your teeth.

He gave what you'd believe would be his face of defeat. Grayson submerged his entire self before come back out. He slicked his hair back with his hand. Nobody should be allowed for look good when their hair is wet. You now had to look anywhere, but the water. You felt a hand on your arm, and before you knew it, you fell into the water.

"Grayson, what the fuck!" You then realized both your hands were on his shoulder. "I swear dude." You took your hands off of him. Grayson pulled you into the water since you weren't swimming.

"You should learn to keep your hands to yourself."

"Says the one who grabbed me."

You wrapped your arms around your chest and upper body, remembering you two were shirtless. The nearly unnoticeable smirk on Grayson's face didn't make the situation any better.

You slowly lowered your body into the water, no matter how cold you felt. You'd stay there as long as you could hold your breath. You were only able to hold your breath for so long until you had to rise back up. Grayson has left you when you were underwater and was practicing some sort of swimming forms.

You waited for him to make it back, standing in the shallow end. "First time I've ever seen you not in a suit." You commented as he swam closer to your end of the pool.

"You're still not swimming." Grayson observed "Were you ever taught, Mr. L/n?"

"Yeah, I was thrown in a pool, and tuaght myself." You casually answered. Your parents didn't have time to send you to lessons. "I just want to relax now. Were you taught to relax, Grayson?"

He was unamused by your joke. "You can't learn to relax."

"In translation, you mean you don't know to."

"You're putting words in my mouth."

You pulled your hand back and splashed water right in his face.

"Now there's something else in your mouth, water." You laughed, covering you mouth like you wear scared he'd splash you back. Even though you knew, he'd never do that.

He wiped the water off of his face. "You are so immature."

"And you're mature?"

"Yes."

"Ohhhh, my poor precious feelings." You frowned. You'd call yourself a good actor. "Well... I'm done here. I'm bored."

You placed your hands on the edge in an attempt to lift yourself up. It took three attempts until Grayson put his hands on your waist and lifted you up. You couldn't help but still feel the feeling of his hands and the cold of being out of the water.

"You know, I could've done it myself, Grayson." You stood up, grabbed the towel from earlier, and covered your shoulders.

"You know, you still have to get me a new phone." You reminded him as he got out of the water.

"That's-"

"Wait, shut up!" You put your hand in front of Grayson's face. "My 'Avery's getting hit on' senses are ringing."

"That's not-"

"I told you to shut up." You covered his mouth. He took your wrist and brought your hand down.

"You can't-"

"The gym." You closed your eyes. "rockclimbing?"

"How do you-"

You dashed off back into the house without another word to Grayson. As you ran to the halls, with your hair still wet, and recognized someone.

"Libby! You said you know where the gym is right?"

"Yes, why are you-"

"Avery's getting hit on! Please, just tell me where."

"Two halls down from Avery's room and the third door." Libby knew what was up.

"Thank you." You nodded

You ran, and you ran fast. You barged through the door like you were late to some event.

"Y/n, why-" Avery looked at you.

You looked up after catching your breath."I knew it was you Jameson! You-" You felt a firm hand on your mouth.

"I apologize for Mr. L/n's behavior." Grayson had followed you in your little marathon.

You tried taking his hand off, but gave up when it was clear his wasn't going to take off his hand yet.

Avery's eyes darted between you and Grayson. "First, Y/n, why are you and Grayson both wet? Second, what is going on?"

Grayson's hand took his hand off your mouth for your explanation.

"I was swimming, which you forgot, and Grayson just so happened to be there. AND Jameson was hitting on you!" You pointed at Jameson.

"He wasn't and you were on the other side of the house. How-"

"My senses never lie. He was gonna." You eyed Jameson.

"Y/n, y/n, y/n." Jameson innocently smiled. "You're making a big deal out of nothing."

"You better watch out Jameson. I will-"

Avery's brow furrowed, "y/n, quit it."

You opened your mouth again.

"Quit. It."

You closed your mouth.

"Y/n and I will go and have a chat." Avery said in a tone that was equal to saying someone's full name. "See you in the library, Jameson."

*plays outro music*