E I G H T E E N

I slept in until noon. Today I get to see supposedly my sister. I just don't want to get my hopes up because I know they will fall and crash when she is not there.

I quickly got dressed. I braided my hair. The ends were split, destroyed, broken, kind of like me. I take my knife and cut off three braids. My hair was now to my ribs . It felt light. I then twist my hair into a bun. I left my room starving. I didn't want to eat though.

As I walk down the hallway I hear happy people. Beth comes out of the corner. "Hi Autumn, I was just coming to look for you." She says. I bit on my lip. "I was going to see my sister, so get out of my way." I snap. I isn't mean to be sassy but my nerves just got to me. "Ok, but remember you have training at five!" Beth says. I stop. "Training?" I turn around and ask her. "Yeah, that's okay, right?" Beth questioned. I stop for a moment. I wanted to escape the pain of being tested, the stress. "Yeah." I answered calmly.

I find the room. I slowly twist the nob. Evan sits on a bench. He gets up. He tries to hug me but I reject. "We're is Faith?" I say. "Did someone say my name?" Faith says appearing out of the corner. I run to hug her.

Her hug is warm, soft, gentle.

"How long has it been?" She ask me.

"Too long." I say back.

We continue to hug. She sighs. She is happy. I am too but there is something weird about this hug. It's different.

There's a fire between us.