F I V E

"Good Job" the man congrats me "I'm Evan Johnson, your personal coach!" He shakes my hand.

He is really cute! His sparkling blue eyes, his brown gelled up hair. He is perfect.

"I'm Autumn Miller, nice to meet you!" I try to say without blushing.

He smiles at me. I smile back.

"So, what I want you to do is find a weapon you feel best at." I nod my head as he explains. "Once you find the right weapon we will make a personal weapon for you!"

"That sound great!" I say.

His hand gesture points to the weapons. I was kinda good with a spear. I place it to the side. I found heavy gun. It was so heavy my arms almost dropped. Then I find ten knives tied with a rubber band. In curiosity I look at them.

"Throwing Knives, good choice" Faith says.

I turn around and give her a big hug.

"Woah, I just saw you like an hour ago!" She says.

"I know but I missed you, how did training go?" I ask her.

"Beat this guys ass!" Faith says "You?"

I laugh "Same here!"

"Told you, you can do it!" Faith says.

"Autumn Miller" a deep voice says behind me.

I turn around to see a guard.

"I want to talk to you in the hallway." He quietly says.

I follow him.

"Earlier today you showed off some impressive skills, congrats you got in the highest fighting team, with Faith!" He says.

I smile ear to ear.

"But when you fought Ryan earlier today" he explains "you killed him."

"What?" I say in confusion "how?"

"He never put on the protective armer and he lost to much blood, it's not your fault" he says.

I then walk back in quietly.

"You Okay?" Evan and Faith both ask.

"Yup" I say. Im not going to met Ryan get in the way of my training it's his fault anyway. I'm going to have to get used to it.

"Good, what weapon did you choose?" Evan ask.

I hand him the throwing knives.

"Okay." He says. "Try hitting the dummy."

I never had experience with throwing knives. I remember when me and Faith went to see The Hunger Games a tribute had them so I know what they do.

I focus on the dummy. I pretend it was Miss Ash. I throw the knife. I miss. Then the next I miss.

I have two knives remaining. I need to hit something. I throw one. It slices into the knee. I feel tingles in my body. I can do this. I throw the last one going clean through the head.

Faith and Evan clap. I clap for myself on the inside as well.

✡✡✡

After dinner me and Faith report to our room. Since we were in the highest class we had a fancy room. There was a kitchen two twin beds and a bathroom. There was a tv but nothing was on. We flipped through the channels. The only thing that was on was the news.

On one of the bed there were two boxes. I opened mine. My personal throwing knives shipped. There were clothes as well. At the bottom was a card.

Autumn,
Here are your supplies for the year. Hope you enjoy.
~ Evan

I smile at the note. I change into the baby blue pajamas that were in the box. The fabric was itchy. My sister went to take a shower, I was to tired to.

I hear a loud knock at the door. I open it. Evan.

"Hi, Autumn." Evan says.

I twist my hair in shock "Hi, what are you doing here?" I say, I realize I sounded rude. "I mean it's okay your here, why wouldn't it be okay, I'm okay, I, I'll shut up." I made a complete full of myself.

Evan laughs. "Don't worry, I like you too, like like you" he says.

My heart stops.

"The only problem is I'm in tenth grade and your in seventh." He says.

Why would he says I'm in seventh when I'm in ninth? I was caught up in the moment so I didn't say anything.

"Anyway here" he places a gun in my hand "you'll need this." He then walks away from the room.

I hold the gun tight.

I couldn't fall asleep that night. The butterflies in my stomach. Evan likes me. And I like him.