Chapter 67: Galar League - Fighting Badge

Comenzar desde el principio

"Victor? Is that you?" Ash said.

Victor and Inteleon turned around and smiled.

"Oh! Hey Ash, hey Serena! What brings you guys here?" He asked with a smile.

"We're here to get my fourth gym badge" Serena answered.

"Woah, so you beat Kabu? That's really impressive. I remember it took me a couple tries to beat him" Victor said.

"Wait, you were in the gym challenge too?" Serena asked in surprise.

"Oops, I guess I forgot to tell you. And yes I did. I did it with Gloria and Hop" he said.

"Wow. How did it end up for you guys?" Serena asked.

"Well all three of us made it to the Galar League Tournament. I faced Hop in the Semi-Finals and won. I then faced Gloria in the finals, and let me tell ya, she did not hold back" Victor said with a chuckle. "But in the end, she beat me, and she eventually became the Galar Region Champion." He then looked at Serena. "My sister has taken a liking to you. She says she sees herself in you, and I can see why. Both of you share the same determination to win" he said.

Serena was surprised to hear that. She smiled and nodded. "I'm gonna try my best to win the Galar League Challenge, and be the best trainer and performer I can be!" She declared.

Ash smiled at her declaration. 'Serena...'

Delphox came up next to her and copied her. Victor noticed this and smiled.

"I can tell you have a strong bond with your partner."

Serena and Delphox looked at each other and smiled.

"Makes me remember all the battles I had with my partner during my gym challenge" he said as he turned to his Inteleon. Inteleon smiled happily with a faint blush.

"So what brings you here Victor?" Ash asked.

"I'm checking out the monument here as a favor for Sonia" he said.

"Monument?" Serena said.

"It's a historical site that draws a lot of attention due to its history" Victor explained.

Ash turned to Serena. "Hey Serena, you wanna check it out too?"

Serena nodded. "Sure, I'm actually interested in seeing it too."

The group headed towards the monument. When they reached it, they became awestruck.

"Wow, look at all the colors!" Serena said.

"It's so pretty!" Delphox added.

"I guess you can imagine why it draws a lot of attention" Victor joked.

Victor and Inteleon started their research while Ash and the other did a little relaxing.

"So what Pokemon are you gonna use Serena?" Ash asked.

"Hmm...I don't know to be honest" she answered.

"That's because they're all weak" a voice said.

They turned to see Bede walking up with an arrogant smirk.

"Bede...!" Serena said with a scowl.

"What's with that look? You should be happy to see the future champion in the flesh" he said as he brushed his hand across the side of his head.

"Hardly" was all Serena said.

Bede noticed Kirlia standing next to Serena.

"So that Ralts of yours evolved huh?" He said.