𝘚𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺

Start from the beginning

"Looks like you are meeting the family." I glance back at her before walking into the kitchen away from them, Maria and Tatum follow me. Maria runs over to the frying pan.

"Happy birthday." Tatum says and I cross my arms.

"Birthday pancakes!" Maria holds up a plate of pancakes.

"What's the mood about?" Tatum asks holding Olive as I sit at the table, Caleb pulls out the chair beside me sitting down. I hear the front door open and I run my hand through my hair.

"I'm not in a mood." I sit back and hear Camila talking to Diana as they walk into the kitchen, Diana smiles at her and I keep an eye on them.

"Happy birthday, Lilah couldn't come because she's flying home with Anna but she will most likely ring you later." Carson puts two wrapped presents on the table.

"Thanks Carson." I thank him.

"You could model." Camila speaks to Diana and Diana just laughs.

"I'm being serious."

"I don't think Modeling is really my thing." Diana shrugs, how great is my life. She's meeting most of my family now.

"Zack knows—"

"Cami." Caleb cuts Camila off and I get up from the table, I don't like this. I hear the front door...again. The only people who aren't here now are cole and Quinn. I haven't seen them in a while.

It's Spencer and Juliet.

"Happy birthday." They say as Spencer walks over quickly to Tatum taking olive.

"Thank you all...so so so much for this lovely birthday morning but please...leave my house.I mean that in the nicest way possible." I leave the kitchen walking up the stairs. I want this to be like any other day. I don't want this...attention.

✺ ✺ ✺

I sit back on the couch with Maggy on my lap as I reply to some messages I've received, wishing me a happy birthday. Carson got me two big bottles of wine, while Lilah gave me a box of donuts. I texted Anna telling Lilah thank you.

I check the time. It's not even half way through the day.

The only good part of this birthday was last night, I enjoyed that shower with Diana and afterwards. I don't like small talk too much, like when I'm trying to sleep but we stayed up talking a little while. We laughed, I laughed to the point my stomach hurt and we had to tell each other keep it down so we don't wake up anyone.

We're getting close. I don't not like that....I can barely keep my hands off of her when she's around me now. I have a lot of self restraint. While I like doing things with her, just her company is nice. I'm not like that with a lot of people. She makes me laugh for Christ sake. I laugh at her dumb jokes.

I hear a knock at the door and snap out of my thought sitting up as Maggy gets off my lap, I put my phone down, getting up and walking towards the door.

I open it and Diana stands outside. Speak of the devil. She holds a little bag and a bouquet of roses. I lean my head against the door raising my eyebrow a little.

"Happy birthday...again. I know you didn't want anything, it's not much though! I got you flowers, your favourite and jolly ranchers. Oh, and this." She holds up a grammar book and I fight the smile but fail terribly.

"You know..since you are an English teacher and all." She smiles and I roll my eyes leaning off the door.

"You are too much." I step closer to her kissing her, being clingy again. I pull back and she looks at me, I just look back at her for second.