Chapter Four: A Secret Keeper

Start from the beginning

"Hmm," Voldemort said, looking at him, he took the cup from the fireplace. "I feel you have proved yourself to be a very loyal servant. Keep this, I think you would be able to find a safe place for this."

He handed him the cup.

"Thank you my Lord," Peter said, masking his excitement with a sombre look, he placed the cup in his pocket.

That was one less Horcrux they would have to worry about.

☽☆☾

15th July 1981

Peter rushed through Potter Manor, his heart beating fast, as he banged the door open, he saw Lily first sobbing whilst she cradled a sleeping Harry in her arms. James was pacing the room, Sirius was sitting in his chair, his hands rubbing his forehead.

"You already know?"

James nodded. "Dumbledore just told us. I guess you know as well?"

"I came here as soon as the meeting ended," Peter told him.

"He's just a baby." Sirius shook his head. "I don't understand."

"Dumbledore said we need to go into hiding." James said, "We won't be able to help with the Order... The horcruxes-"

"It's the only way to keep Harry safe," Lily managed to say.

"He said we need a secret keeper." James told them, looking at Sirius.

He shook his head. "No. it's too obvious if it's me. We need someone who's not involved in the Order, someone they won't suspect..."

Peter looked at him, the answer was obvious.

Sirius shook his head. "No, absolutely not."

"Sirius-"

"No, we're not dragging her into this, she's not- she's not doing that-"

"Do either of you want to fill me in seeing as it's my son's life that's on the line?" James said, tensely.

"He wants Aries to do it."

"It would make sense. She's not in the Order, she's not going to be suspected-"

"No. I'm not doing that to her, we'll find someone else-"

"If it's you it's too obvious, if it's me then they could get it out of me-"

Sirius shook his head. "I said we'll find someone else, Peter." he turned towards James.

"He's got a point, Sirius. And if we don't tell anyone that she's the secret keeper she'll be fine, we'll tell the Order we chose you, they won't know."

Sirius looked defeated.

"It's up to her, talk to her and if she says no-"

"You know she won't." Sirius said, he looked towards Peter. "Come on then."

"Huh?"

"It was your idea, you can tell her."

Peter shook his head. "I'm pretty sure I'm the last person she would want to see right now-"

"Well it's either you come with me or we find another secret keeper." Sirius said.

Peter's stomach churned, he hadn't seen Aries since the day he told her seven months ago. He knew she wouldn't want to see him, but he also knew Sirius wouldn't back down. He nodded. "Okay, let's go."

☽☆☾

"Hey, gig tonight, you down?" Viktoria asked, Aries was sitting on the sofa with her sketchpad on her lap.