FIFTY SEVEN

THE SHOVE

After around 10 minutes John B told us all the get in the Twinkie. By that time Kie had found some of the weed JJ had stashed in his room and rolled a joint for both of us.

Walking out of the Chateau Kiara passes me my shoulder bag as I held my joint in one and my other arm was situating my bag on my shoulder.

"Look just sit in the front with John B" Kiara told me as she took a drag from her joint. I nod as I open the van door and sit down putting my bag next to my feet.

"So where exactly is it that we're heading to?" Pope asks John B as we drive away from the house.

"Not too far" John B answers as he looks over at me with a smile.

I can't seem to get what JJ said out of my head. Is that the only reason I'm with the pogues? Because of some fucked up deal he made my childhood best friend. Also what is this talk me Ash and John B need to have. Did everyone know?

I feel my bag buzzing against my feet so I pick it up and grab out my phone to see the name 'Ashley' light up my screen. I look behind me at Kiara and she looks at my phone then looks towards JJ with a disgusted face.

My phone stops buzzing just as John B stops the van. "All right boys. Here we go! Recon mission!" JJ shouts as Pope slides open their door turning the lights on in the van.

"Yo, ugh...so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself tonight" he nods to the three in the back then looks at me with the same expression.

"Really?" JJ asks getting comfortable in his spot.

"What?" John B replies shaking his head.

"Nothin' brother" JJ says back to John B putting his hat onto his head.

"I don't wanna spook Sarah with the peanut gallery" John B says to JJ.

"I just don't understand why were involving her at all." Kiara says to John B with a very obvious tone in her voice that tells us all she's annoyed.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay?" John B tells her with a small smile as he rests on arm on the back of his chair to see her. "It's..it's just, uh, like a..a business meeting thing."

I smile to myself knowing that is not all that will be happening when he meets her. "Look ,once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right? Plus we need the map" John B tells the group sounding serious.

I know he doesn't mean that.

"Promise me nothings happening between you  two?" Kie asks him as she holds smoke in her mouth. Please don't promise that John B you know it's not true I could tell.

"Nothing is happening, Kie even asks Jess" why did he have to bring me into this I put my head in my hands and shake my head. I don't want to lie to Kie.

"I'm not getting involved" I reply as I sit up taking a drag from my joint.

"Well that great. Look this isn't about you John B, and this isn't about us. This is about her. Dude she gonna get inside your head. Just promise me nothing's happening between you guys." Kiara responds

"I promise" he's so dumb

"That was really believable" JJ replies to the conversation he's not involved in.

"A hundred percent believable" Pope also replies.

"Anyways, um.. I'm gonna take care of business. Can you keep them in check please." John B says before leaving the van aiming the last point to me and I nod with a smile.

My phone begins to vibrate once again and her name flashes across my screen."Just answer it I'll take care of the boys" Kiara says taking s drag from her joint and blowing the smoke in the middle of the boys. I nod and step outside of the van. Leaning back onto it.

"What do you want Ash?" I questions as I take a drag from my joint. Then crossing my arms trying to keep myself warm.

"Look JJ told me that he told you about what's been going on. I know your mad and you probably don't want to talk to me. However I- well my mom needs to talk to you and John B"

"What does he have to do with it?" I ask he shaking my head taking another drag.

"I can't tell you but I am sorry that all this had happened with JJ. But you have to realise that with your aunt here I couldn't go near you without her finding out." She tells me, what would happen if Lucy had seen us together?

"Why would that matter? Anyway can I speak to your mom tomorrow or something? I'll have to speak to John B about it" as I finish speaking I can hear Sarah screaming for help.

"Yeah yeah that's fine" I hear Ash say as I take the phone from my ear and end the call.

"Guys somethings happens I can head Sarah screaming" I tell them quickly opening the van door. I put my almost dead joint onto the sand and stamp on it then run towards Sarah's voice.

I hear JJ, Pope and Kie running behind me. When I see Sarah she has John Bs head in her arms and tears rolling down her face. He not moving.

I drop to my knees and look at John B and try to see if he's breathing "I don't know what to do. He needs help. Topper shoved him" Sarah sobs.

"Where the hell is he?" JJ threatens as he hastily looks around for any sites of Topper.

"Oh, please, please, please get help. I don't care who just call someone" Sarah cries and my breath starts to quicken as I pass Pope my phone. If I start dialling a number now I'll put all the wrong ones.

"John B stay with me" Sarah cries as I look up and Kie is giving her a judgmental look. I furrow my brow and look back at Sarah to see he kissing John B. "Please don't leave me. John B?"