FOURTY THREE

"Alright, keep a look out. We're behind enemy lines." JJ said as John B pulled to a stop.

JJ pulls his gun out and checked the bullets. "Yo, come on man, just put it back." John B says looking at JJ.

"What?" JJ shrugs.

"JJ." He says in a warning tone.

"You can never be too careful." JJ replies.

I jump out of the van first and learn on the van door. I completely disapproved of the gun that JJ seems to always carry. It is a risk. If the cops stop us and find the gun on him, he'd be arrested straight away.

Whilst on the way here Kie explained that we're going to where JJ works.

"Hey, I predict that brining a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve." Pope says as he slings his arm over my shoulders.

"Thank you Pope." John B says rubbing his forehead.

"I swear to God, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean JJ." I warn. "Put it back."

I lean forward into the car, and quickly flash the blonde boy a toothy grin and grab the gun, handing it to John B.

"You can't grab a gun like that." JJ says looking into my eyes. "Can't forget my badge." Me and Pope move out of the way so that JJ can open his door and get out of the van.

"Professional busboy." JJ says waving around some card.

I run ahead slightly and steal JJ's hat. JJ wraps his arms around me and spun me around, making me let out a small squeal.

"So, where are we going now?" Pope questions as the four of us follow JJ aimlessly.

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now." JJ replies placing me down and adjusting the hat on my head. I look up at the boy through my eyelashes and smile. "This way."

JJ leads all of us into a kitchen, he holds my hand and gives it a light squeeze as he watches my face light up. I've always had a secret love for cooking.

"Andrew." JJ smiles at the chef.

"Alright?" Andrew nods smiling back.

"What's up, bro?" JJ nods

"Mama L, good to see you." JJ smiles as he tries to pinch a prawn from the plate in her hand.

"No JJ." Mama L slaps JJ's hand away. Making me giggle.

"See, they got the backup generators going. Kooks don't miss a beat." JJ said showing the man is badge and quickly walking past.

JJ takes our little group to a room filled with computers. "Sweet lord the internet." Pope says as he instantly logs onto a computer. "I've missed you."

"Let me get in there. Gotta check out my insta models." JJ grins trying to push past but I stop him.

"Is that the most important thing to do right now?" I question raising an eyebrow.

"Don't be jealous Angel" he smiles kissing him forehead then sitting at a computer.

I stand behind John B as he pulls out that map and types in coordinates. "Bubs is this you?" I hear JJ question using the first nickname he ever gave me. Which makes me smile.

I walk over to him standing at the side of his chair and bend down so I can see the screen more clearly.

On the screen I a photo of me in a bikini. I never actually told JJ or anyone cause I thought and still think it's quite embarrassing.

I used to do modelling mainly bikinis and lingerie. Let's just hope he doesn't find the lingerie ones.

Now that I look back I think it was probably illegal for them to make me do lingerie shoots as a 13-15 year old. I've always looked older than I am so the company got away with it all the time.

"Urm yeah why don't we stop looking at that now" I suggest reaching to turn the computer off. JJ stops me but I try again.

"JJ can you please not?" I ask the blonde but the question goes straight over his head.

I take his hat off my head and put it on his pushing it down over his eyes.

"Shit that's on the high side, it's only 900 feet." John B shrugs as if its doable. Pope gives him a look to say 'are you fucking crazy?'

"That's not too deep." JJ agrees.

"Is that doable or something?" I question looking between John B and JJ. 

"Yeah, totally doable." JJ nods confidently. 

"Okay. Well will we be taking your personal submarine?" Pope questions looking up to JJ. 

"How do you know this Mr Dive Master?" John B questions.

"The salvage yard." JJ concluded. "They got a drone that can drop 1,000. It has a 360 camera and everything. It's for like deep dives and stuff. It's exactly what we need." JJ wraps  his arms around my waist and puts his hat back on my head.

  "And can your dad get his grimy little hands on that?" John B questions. 

"Well, my dads grimy little hands got his ass fired." JJ answers tenses up I've never actually asked JJ about his father. Due to the fact that he's tensed up I think it may be a sensitive subject. I use my thumb to trace small shapes on his hands in attempt to sooth him.

"I guess the salvage captain frowns on showing up shitfaced, turns out." The three of us return our attention  back to the computer screen. "But the drones there. It's in the impound yard out back." 

"How much did you say was on the Royal Merchant again?" Kie questioned curiously. 

"400 mill." I answer with a nod.

"400 million dollars?" Kie questioned.

Pope got up from his spot and ran to stand in front of the door. He wasn't going to let us all become thief's. 

"Yep."  Kie stands up and along with the others walks over to Pope "Pope."

"No. Absolutely not. Absolutely not. No!" Pope shakes his head, trying to prevent all of us from potentially committing a crime.

"Pope move." Kie orders as she pulls his arm and moves him out of the way. 

"Guys that's too-" Pope tries to protest against it, but we're already out of the door.

"Can't we do anything legal for money?" Pope questions rhetorically.

"Come on Pope you know that takes all the fun out of it" I tell him with a smile.

"That's my girl" I hear JJ whisper more to himself than me but I go on my tiptoes to kiss him on the cheek.

He moves his head in just the right time so I kiss him on the lips with a smile.