EIGHTEEN

The party

JJ

We arrive at the château me and Pope carry the boards in leaving them on the porch. As we walk in John B passes me a beer and I throw myself onto the pull out sofa bed.

"Hey move it you have your own bed remember" Kiara reminds me I get up with a groan and walk to my room and put my beer on the small table at the side of the bed.

I lay on top over the covers and space out whilst looking at the ceiling.

AJ is giving me a run for my 'best surfer in OBX' title and she knows it, so do the rest of the pogues.

I didn't know she was so good, granted we did all meet her whilst she was surfing.

John B did say that she was good.

I'll never admit it to anyone but she cold easily take the title if she wanted to.

No one refers to me as 'the best surfer in the OBX' anyway.

I still can't believe she never told us about what happened to her parents. It's not like she needs to but she told they were traveling.

John Bs' dad is dead well missing there's no body but its been like three months.

Does she even know about John Bs' dad?

I don't think we told her Kie will probably tell her sooner or later they seem to be getting closer. I'm not surprised Kie has been the only girl in our little group for as long as I can remember.

It'll be nice for her to have a girl for a friend the last one she had was none other than Kook princess Sarah Cameron.

They had a huge argument I have no idea what over but it must be bad if Kie hates her as much as she says.

I'm snapped back to reality by the sound of Jess's car approaching. I walk out to the porch grabbing my beer off the side bedside table taking a swing of it. Before I sit on a chair opposite John B next to Pope.

I see Jess jumping out of her Jeep she's so tiny compared to that thing. I almost forgot how rich she is. She walks through the porch door and sits on the chair opposite Kie letting her small backpack fall to the floor at her feet.

Her and Kie are sat on the opposite side of the porch from me and the boys.

"I thought you wasn't going full Kook Jess" John B laughs receiving from the small Burnette who's just entered.

"I was going to go to the store on the way here but I don't know what type of stuff you lot like" she tells us as she whips out her vape and seconds later makes she small area smell like strawberry.

That's weird It's usually Watermelon.

"What happened to watermelon?" Kie asks reading my mind.

"Oh I gave JJ the last bottle so I used a different one" Jess answers whilst fiddling with her vape in her small hands. Why did she give me the last one? She didn't have to she should've kept it now I feel bad. I'll give her it back, somehow.

"John B when exactly was I going to find out about the party that's going to be happening here?"Jess asks.

"I can't be bothered to drive to the beach so I just told everyone to come here" John B answers.

Almost as if it was timed some of our friends turn up in almost the exact same van as John Bs'.

"Hey JB kegs in the back come on bro!" Kyle yells I've met him like twice, he talks that much it should probably be illegal.

John B stands up with a smile and walks out to greet Kyle his girlfriend and other people. Kyle must of invited himself.

As long as they aren't Kooks none of us really care.

Me Pope and Kie make our way outside as more people start to show up.

A red solo cup filled with beer is placed in our hands almost instantly.

It takes Jess a couple minutes to make her way over to us she looks so tense. I'm not surprised to be honest some of our friends are intimidating.

"I'll be back." the small brunette announces as she walks to her car.

She probably left her vape or something I make my round the small camp like fire. And take the seat next to Kie.

I say about a quarter of them are sober and those ones are the drivers.

Without even noticing I have already finished my drink.

I spot Jessicas' brown hair swaying in the light breeze as she walks up to me with a smile.

She's holding a bottle of Vodka in her hand. Maybe tonight I'll get the live show of her chugging a bottle of Vodka. "So that's what took you so long?" I laugh nudging her shoulder making her laugh.

I walk over to the keg and fill up my red cup and take a big gulp then my head turns to the sound of a car pulling up. Soon enough I realise that it's Rafe and Topper me and Jess lock eyes and she runs up to the car.

She starts talking to Rafe and she hands him something from her pocket with a smile. Hold the fuck up why is she smiling that's Rafe Cameron.

What the hell is she doing? What's going on?

I walk up the small brunette who takes her seat around the small fire next to Kie.I sit in the middle of them and Jess takes a swing of the bottle of vodka. "Jess, a word." I say with a clearly annoyed tone.

"Yeah sure." she says as we stand up and walk to the porch.

"What was that?" I question folding my arms. What would Rafe Cameron want from her?

"It was for Sarah" she tells me.

"Then why didn't she come get it?" I don't like Sarah but I would much rather it be her than Rafe.

"I don't know. She bought me this bracelet well it said 'from the Cameron's' but I know it was from her. She got me it because she felt bad about....well you know. It was so gorgeous but so expensive and I hate people spending so much money on me. So I gave it to her brother to give back to her. I can't accept something like that" she explains and takes a large swing of the Vodka.

"Also I'm going to that dinner at the Cameron's tomorrow." she says with a hiccup. She has definitely had too much to drink suck.

"Seriously I thought we agreed on the not going full kook thing?" I laugh at the girls drunken state as she flops down onto the small sofa. "It's food no sane person would turn down free food." I mean she's not wrong.

As the night goes on Jess pulls Vodka out of her car none stop that is not healthy at all. She probably spends most of her money on alcohol. She shares the vodka around of course, but by they end of the night she's had more than 3 bottles to herself easy.

Almost everyone has home only Kyle his girlfriend and some of their friends are still here .I put out the fire the string lights lighting up the small space.

Jessica walks up to me falling flat on her face. I hold back a laugh but it fails miserably as I burst out laughing as does she.

She stands up and wraps her arms around me "I'm tired." She whispers and she begins to fall asleep in my arms. I pick her up and walk into the small house and lay her on the pull out couch next to Kie.

Who's also passed out.

"Goodnight Jess." I whisper.

I walk back outside to say goodbye to the rest of my fellow Pogues.

A/N: Hi I haven't done an authors note in a while so hello no on actually reads this so I should probably stop writing it but oh well I have loads drafted lol.

Sorry for spelling or gramma mistakes