FOURTY EIGHT

"It's not there just-just pull the drone up." John B sighs as we go around the merchant with the drone looking for the gold.

"Look, we can do another pass. Recharge the battery. We can- we can go back down" Pope suggests.

"Guys. We've done it three times. There's nothing there." JJ shouts, as the storm begins to calm down.

John B is now stood at the other side of the boat with his head in his hands. We found the merchant, but not the gold.

"Shut up!" Kie snaps angrily at JJ, but he doesn't seem to care. But I do I don't know who she thinks she is sometimes. I know I told her I forgive her for what she said but deep down I know I don't.

"Don't" he tells me not even looking at me. It's like he can read my mind sometimes.

"What it's true!" JJ shouts back to the brunette.

"The gold could be buried. We don't know." Kie looks between the four.

"If it was there, it would've been found on the metal detector okay?" John B announces. "Somebody beat us to it."

"Or it was never there." JJ mumbles. I walk over and stand beside the boy with a smile.

"Take us home J." I whisper resting my head on his shoulder. JJ's arm wraps around my waist, pulling me closer.

................

The first stop is Popes where JJ, Pope and Kie get off. We drop Heyward boat off there. Me and John B go back to the chateau as my car is still there.

"John B?" I question the boy as he takes us back to the Chateau.

"Yup" he answers.

"We're gonna find it. Even if the others give up I'll always help." I tell him as I sit next to him laying my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks Jess" he smiles.

When we eventually make it back to the chateau we both go into the house straight away.

"Hey buddy" a woman says as we walk into the living room.

"You know Cheryl, it's kind of a bad time for a check in" John B tells the lady sitting down at his table. I'm guessing this woman is some sort of social worker.

"Not a check in we're head to take you" she says which catches me attention instantly.

"Come again" I slightly laugh to myself. But John B looks at me to say 'don't laugh'. Which makes me stop instantly.

"Today?Really?" He questions shaking his head.

"It's just for two weeks until your hearing" She explains trying to make it sound better than it is.

"No, no, no Cheryl, look I'm not going into foster care. I'm not going to be apart of your little system." He tells the woman running his hands through his hair.

"Jesus Christ" I hold my chest as an officer appears behind John B. People are just appearing out of thin air.

"John B this is Deputy Thomas he works with Juveniles for the sheriff's department." the woman says as John B stands from his chair as if he's going to walk out.

"Look, I know uncle T is down Mississippi working at a casino. He hasn't been here in months" she tells John B even though he obviously knew that.

"What?" He scoffs he turns back to run out but the Deputy try's to get him. "No, see that's my nightmare right there. Look I-I- I want emancipation."

"Emancipation from who you're the only one living here but you" she tells him.

"Uh...asylum then." John B says.