THIRTY THREE

A few minuets of awkward silence later. JJ decides to help John B grab the scuba gear. They leave it on the porch for John B to take back to the Cameron's tomorrow. Whilst the boys are having beers and doing whatever it is boy do when they hang out me and Kie sit on the porch and begin a little chat.

"So what's going on with you and JJ?" Kiara asks making herself comfortable on the couch as do I. 

"There's nothing going on. He doesn't like me" I answer with a sigh looking down to the floor.

"Do you like him?" Kie smiles crossing her legs.

Even if I do like him which I don't it wouldn't change anything. Cause he doesn't like me but the again he did call me 'his girl'. But he was only standing up for me that's what friends do...right?

 I'm dragged from my thoughts by my phone ringing I stand up taking my phone from the back pocket of my shorts. That I put back on when we reached the chateau. "Who is it?" Kie questions looking to my phone that's still ringing. 'Rafe Cameron' 

"It's Rafe" I tell her before stepping outside the chateau to answer his call. I hold my finger over the green button for a second then I press it and bring the phone to my ear.

"Hi Rafe" I say trying to sound as happy as possible.

"Jess hey I umm I just came over to check up on you and Shoupe is here he's saying something happened with your aunt" he replies. She must find a way to annoy me even at this distance.

"Did he say what about?" I ask the blonde through the phone.

"Nah he just said he needs to speak to you" that is not a good thing to here. What has she done now. This can't be good at all.

"Okay I'll be there in a bit" I tell him running my hands through my hair in frustration trying to think why Shoupe (who I'm guessing is that police officer we saw today) wants to see me. 

We say goodbye and I end the call putting my phone into my back pocket. I walk back into the chateau passed Kiara who's still sat on the small couch. 

"JJ we've gotta go there's police at the house" I tell the boy as he takes a sip of beer the places it back on the table. He gets up without a word or change of facial expression and walks out the chateau. I wave goodbye to the rest and follow JJ to my car.

I unlock the car and we get in he's still not said a word. "JJ?" I question the boy if he can actually hear me. I don't get a response so I just fasten my seat belt as does he. I roll my eyes and begin the drive to figure eight. 

To break the silence I decide to put the radio on but not as loud as I normally have it.

Is he mad at me? Did I do something? Have I said something?

After thinking and overthinking every possible reason he could be annoyed. I can't seem to find a reason.

We finally pull up to my house and Rafe is stood outside the gate stood with a police officer. I pack the car just on the street outside the gate. I get out and I honestly don't even know if JJ knows I've stopped driving. I walk up to Rafe and who I'm guessing to be Shoupe.

"Do we have a problem?" I ask standing between the two of them looking towards to officer.

"Miss I think you'd rather us talk about this inside" Shoupe says pointing to the keypad for the gate. The sound of my car door shutting grabs my attention I turn around and see JJ making his way towards us and his body stiffens as he notices Rafe. 

"I'll get the gate open. JJ would you mind just parking my car in the usual spot?" I question I would do it myself but I'm almost certain that the two blondes will get into some type of argument. If I leave them alone for longer than two minuets.

I pass JJ my keys and he walks back to the car  starting it up. I open the gate and JJ drives straight through.  Me, Rafe and Shoupe walk through just before it closes.

Once JJ turns off the car he approaches the three of us and puts my keys into my back pocket. I grab them then open the door we all step inside. I walk into the kitchen and sit on one f the stools that surround the kitchen island. JJ sits down next to me whilst Rafe sits at my other side and Shoupe sits in front of us three.

"Boys I'm sorry but I have to ask you to leave" Shoupe tells them.

"JJ just wait upstairs" I say looking down then up to him with a small smile. He nods and stands up he then places a kiss on my head before he walks up stairs. 

"Rafe this does actually involve you so you don't have to leave" the officer says to Rafe. What would anything with my aunt also have to do with Rafe?

Shoupe takes some time looking around the kitchen too much time. As if he doesn't want to tell me something but I don't think he'd go through all this trouble if it was optional. "Not be rude or anything but you said you needed to tell me something. Not look around my kitchen." I finally speak up making the officer look at me and he takes a deep breath. 

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out an envelope he slides it across the island to me. He nods towards it and I open the envelope pulling out a photo. 

A photo of me and my parents from about six years ago. I turn the picture over and see writing. Lucy's writing.

AJ, I'm so sorry about everything I've done to you. You've been through so much and I'm sorry for doing this but I had to. Never forget how much I love you and how much your parents loved you too.  Yours Lucy.

What the hell does this mean? What is this? Is she okay?

I stand up from my chair putting the photo onto the island. My vision becomes blurry and my hand goes to my mouth to stop any sobs that may escape. "What the hell is that? What's going on?!" I question the officer as he stands from his chair trying to approach me but I back up a little more. He gets the message and stops in his tracks. 

"Jessica I know this must be a lot to take in-" Shoupe starts but I cut him off

"Really I didn't notice" I almost laugh shaking my head.

"Clam down lets talk." He says and I take a deep breath and sit back down onto my seat. I feel Rafe put his hand on my leg tracing small shapes trying to sooth me. 

"Your aunt was found in the bathroom with marks on her arm, that we think were self inflicted. This note was the only thing found in her room, all her clothes were in bags." 

No. No. No she killed herself. Why? She was trying to get better. First my parents now Lucy the only family I had left. Now she's gone

-----------------------------------

A/N- Sorry this is kinda short I've been real stressed with school lately. But I am trying to get parts out so don't come at me.