I roll my eyes. "Fine. But you owe me. Big time." And I hand her my keys. Before I can even say goodbye, the four of them are gone.

I turn to Rider, and he smirks. He stands up, and offers his hand. "Princess?"

I stand up, refusing his hand, and throw away our food.

"You have to take me shopping." I look over my shoulder at him as I walk towards a shoe store.

"With pleasure." He smirks.
****************
Rider and I come into my house, to find Brooklyn, Cali, Trystan, and Flynn all in my room on the floor, singing terribly along to some pop singer.

"Aw man, you're going to kill Maya's ears!" I yell, just as my Siberian husky comes barreling at me. She jumps in my arms, and I pet her. Then set her down on my bed, and she goes to sleep.

Brooklyn turns off the stereo, and grins like an idiot. "Let's play truth or dare!" And she plops back down.

Everyone nods in agreement, and I sit down in between Rider and Brooklyn. Brooklyn begins the game, and it's just a bunch of petty dares. Eventually, Rider grabs the bottle. "My turn." He smirks. It spins around, and, of course, lands on me.

I roll my eyes. "Dare. " Before he can ask me.

"Urgent aren't you, princess?" Stupid smirk.

"Just get on with it." I say.

He stands up, grabs my guitar, and hands it to me as he sits down. "Sing your very favorite song right now."

"Why?"

"Nike."

"What?"

"Just do it." He smirks.

Brooklyn speaks up. "Boring. I'm going to get food."

"Same."

"Same."

"Same."

And everyone but me and Rider are gone.

I sigh. "Fine. But don't judge me. I absolutely love this song."

He rolls his eyes. "I won't. Now get to it."

I start picking the strings, and refuse to meet his eyes as I sing.

"You can try and sugarcoat it. You could say a thousand lies, build you own little mountain, that you'll never be able to climb. You can turn a new page, and write me another song, and it's not that I don't want to charm you, I just don't have very long. Cause it's not that I'm ungrateful, I just haven't got a lot. And I know I'm not that faithful, I just know what I've got. So can we just live in this moment, and take a picture of where we are? With all these faults in our stars. You could change every color, and make everything seem new. But nothing would change under the covers, cause you can't change the truth. And you can write me letters, just in the hope that I get by. I know it's all for the better. But one of those letters, better say goodbye. Cause it's not that I'm ungrateful, I just have got a lot. And I know I'm not that faithful, I just know what I've got. So can we just live in this moment, and take a picture of where we are? With all these faults in our stars. So don't you dare think I regret it. Every smile, and every touch. Cause when I get up to heaven, I'll tell them without you, this could never be enough." And I finish out the song with the chorus. I dare to look up at him, and his face is lit up.

I raise my eyebrows. "What?"

"You're so attractive when you sing."

I put my guitar up, and shove his shoulder. "Shut up." And I roll my eyes.

"Sterling. Just take the compliment."

I feel myself blush, but before Rider can say something, the other four join us again. Brooklyn takes one look at my face, and grins like an idiot. "Are we interrupting something?"

"No." I say.

At the same time, Rider says, "Yes." I look at him, anger obvious all over my face.

"No." I say again.

He just laughs and throws his arm over my shoulder. "Yes. I was just asking Sterling here to homecoming." He smirks.

The other four all hit their hands on their foreheads.

Rider looks very confused. "What?" He looks between all of us.

"Not a chance in hell Rider." I smack his hand off my shoulder and go down into the kitchen. He follows me.

"Can I ask you why not?"

Might as well tell him the story. "Rider. I have been asked to every single dance in high school. No one ever asks me up to my expectations, so I say no."

"What do you mean expectations?"

"Well. You know all the cute promposals? Even though I hate romance, I love the funny ones. And that's what I want." I say confidently.

"Give me two days." He says.

I roll my eyes. "Go for it. But don't get embarrassed when I reject you." I smirk at him.

"You won't." He smiles, then jogs up the stairs. Not 5 seconds later, he comes back down the stairs, Trystan and Flynn in tow.

"I will see you in Monday, princess." He smirks. Before I can retort, he kisses my cheek, then he's out the door.

Once the boys leave, Brooklyn and Cali come down the stairs squealing.

"Oh my gosh! Rider Calloway is going to ask you to homecoming!" Brooklyn gushes.

"This is going to be perfect!" Cali screams.

"What has happened to you guys? And what makes you think I will say yes?"

Brooklyn rolls her eyes. "Probably because you like him." She says like duh.

"I do not!" I yell.

"Yeah. Okay. I guess we'll see about that on Monday." She smirks.

I don't like Rider. Right? Oh God. I like Rider motherfucking Calloway. I am so screwed.