55| grocey store

"So where to, trouble?" August leans down to whisper in my ear

"So where to, trouble?" August leans down to whisper in my ear. His breath against my neck sent shivers down my spine.

My mind goes blank for a split second. "Uhh...Brownie, we should get them." I stare out in front of me as August pushes the cart that I am sitting in.

"Faster!" I exclaimed. I could hear August chuckle from behind me. Doing as I say, he jogs, pushing the basket faster but still making sure not to run into anything or anyone.

A laugh leaves my lips as he swiftly moves around people.

August slowly comes to a halt so my head doesn't slam into the cart. "My lady, we have arrived at your destination." August says with a chuckle as he does a small bow.

I shake my head at him. This man. I swear he just did something to me. He makes me forget everything bad that has ever happened to me.

It's like everything fades, and it's just him. "London?" My head snaps in August's direction. He was holding up two brownie boxes.

"Milk chocolate." I point to the red box in his right hand. He tosses it into the cart with me.

I lean back in the cart, tilting my head up to look at August. He glanced down quickly and then did a double take when he realized that I was staring.

His cheeks turn a flushed pink, and his lips twitch. "Can I kiss you?" He says lowly, causing my heart to skip a beat.

I smile at how the red of his cheek grows deeper. "Depends." I tease. He leans down, giving my lips a quick peck.

August said that he wanted to fix us, but he wants to do it the right way. Do I know what he means?

No.

But I do know he wants to take it slow. The rest of the shopping went by quickly.

August talked about all types of things, like what he planned on cooking for dinner. His ramblings continue as we shop, and I just listen.

I love his voice. I never really like listening to people, but I could listen to him talk all day. He stutters every once in a while, but it's not as bad as when we first met.

I didn't even realize that we were done shopping until August went quiet. I frowned looking up at him.

"You guys are the cutest things I have ever seen." The older lady behind the cash register says. I laugh when August's cheeks flame.

"How long have you two been together?" She begins to scan the items. I wonder if I hadn't left him three years ago, would we be together?

Or would I have done something else to screw it up? "We're not together yet." August told her.

I can't help but smile at his words. Yet. not together yet. My stomach flutters. "Well, you better move faster before she gets away from you, hon." She wiggles a finger at him, causing him to give a small laugh.