46| If I say no? You won't

I stare up at the ceiling of my bedroom as I think about how I am going to face August on Thursday

It seems to be the only thing on my mind, like it's eating away at me. It hurts just to look at him.

It hurts to know that I ruined everything we could have had. Sometimes I wish I never even went to fucking college.

I would have never hurt him or myself. I let out a huff as I pulled myself out of bed and walked to the bathroom.

I glared at myself in the mirror. "You look like shit." I say to myself. My black hair is going in almost every direction, and dark circles rests under my eyes.

My sleeping schedule is shit; I can never fall asleep. And if I do somehow fall asleep, I still wake up and feel like I didn't get an ounce of sleep.

I grabbed my brush from off the sink and quickly brushed my hair before putting it into two french braids.

washing my face and brushing my teeth before getting dressed for work. Nothing special; it was just a black shirt and some worn-out jeans. I grabbed my keys before leaving.

***

Walking into my shop and seeing a familiar black BMW M2. It wasn't soon after I spotted Wes.

He was leaning on his car, staring over at Octavia. Wes was tall; he was around Owen's height, maybe even taller. Tattoos covered his dark skin, and his hair was dark with short curls.

"There's nothing wrong with your car." She grumbled, walking over to him. He towered over Octavia, even though she was around 5'8 or 5'9.

"Are you sure cause–" Octavia cut Wes off by smacking him with one of the many towels we have laying around.

I was surprised when I heard a deep chuckle come from him. I haven't even seen that man smile before, let alone laugh.

Once he noticed me, his body straightened and his face hardened. I swear he likes me. He is just mean, if you would like to say that. He doesn't talk much either. "Wes." I act like I didn't hear him just a second ago.

He nods, acknowledging me. One thing to know about Wes is that if he didn't like you, he wouldn't even look your way; it was like you didn't exist to him unless you were in his way.

And from what I've seen, I didn't want to be in his way.

"Are you going to come to the race tonight?" I hear Octavia asked. I shake my head. "I've got work to do." I say.

Thinking about it would take my mind off of the whole August and business thing. And I haven't actually raced in a while.

"You really need to take a break, London." Octavia says with a sigh. I look down at my shoes. One of my braids slipped off my shoulder at the action.