51| Gone

My head rests on Owen's shoulder, neither of us speaking

My head rests on Owen's shoulder, neither of us speaking. I haven't drank any alcohol since my relapse.

One is because, once Owen found out, he hasn't left my side, and the other is because I haven't gotten out of bed.

My mom has been blowing up my phone, asking me if I was alright, but I turned it off.

I don't think I could handle having to tell another person what happened between August and me.

My bedroom was silent. It wasn't an awkward silence; it was kind of peaceful if I don't count the occasional reminder of what happened with August.

Owen rubs small circles on my back as my breathing slowly calms. My pain slowly drifted into numbness. "What time is it?" I ask, pinching my eyes closed as I take a deep breath.

I feel Owen shifting just a bit. He's probably looking at his phone to check the time.

"Almost time for your race. Are you sure you're even in the right mindset to race tonight?" His words were laced with worry.

I let out a sigh and pushed off of him. I looked over at my best friend and tried to give him my best smile, but he already knew I was faking it.

"See, I'm fine; there's no need to worry about me, Olaf." I say before ruffling his white fluffy hair. He groans, smacking my hand away from him.

"Little shit." His blue eyes sent me daggers as I got up from my bed and grabbed a fresh pair of clothes before heading to my bathroom so I could get ready for the day.

Even though it's like 10 at night. I undid the two-day-old braids that I had in my hair. I look at my reflection in the mirror.

I wish I never even went to his office. Dark circles rest under my eyes, and my black hair is messy.

I was still in the same clothes from two days ago. I honestly don't even want to get out of bed right now, but August bet a lot of money on me.

I don't even know why I'm still going to this fucking race. I should just let him waste his fucking money, but I can't bring myself to do it for some reason.

After this race, I'm going to break the contract with August's company. I'd rather have my mom do it.

But she'll probably be pissed, but she'll understand. Maybe August has already done it himself and I just haven't checked my email.

I pull my shirt over my head and step out of my underwear and pants before stepping into the shower.

I let out a breath as the cold water hit my back. Chills shot down my spine, and goosebumps rose from my skin.

I turn to face the showerhead in hopes that the cold water will get rid of my swollen eyes. I stand there with my eyes closed as I breathe deeply.

Once my body finally gets used to the cold temperature of the water, I begin washing my body.