𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎: 𝟕𝐩𝐦.

Start from the beginning

—What do you think of this one? —I showed him a dress on a hanger. He spinned his head from side to side and strolled to the other side of the room. —This one? —I grabbed another hang. He did the same thing. —Okay, how about these pants with this blouse?

"Are you even trying at this point?"

—I'm just going to stay here and cancel. —I dramatically threw myself on the little couch in the middle of the closet.

"There, there..." R2 tried to console me by standing near me and his mechanical claw brushing my hair. "How about that dress over there?"

Turning around, still upside down, I tried to focus my view towards the direction he was pointing at. —Wait. —I supported myself on my palms and turned around to see better. —R2, you crazy bastard. You got it! —And I ran to the isolated corner where the black dress was storaged.

It was a simple, yet elegant black dress that I bought way back. It was purchased with my first allowance after I started to work on undercover jobs with my grandfather. After spending all day eavesdropping on conversations and pretending to be a diplomat, I ran away from the Senate building and spent the afternoon walking the finest streets of Coruscant. Because I was still in my attire, they thought I was someone important from the Senate and gave me the best of attention; my obsession with shopping started that same day.

I had saved this dress for a special ocassion, one that never seemed to arrive: until now.

—Yes! This may actually work! —I screamed, taking the dress out of its confinement. It had been waiting for so long I had forgotten all about it. 

"I'll be waiting outside!"

I picked a pair of high heel sandals, along with some shiny earrings. My hair was already styled into long curls and makeup was done, the last thing I needed was a green light from the sass king himself.

—So- —I opened the doors at the same time, revealing the final product to him. —What do we think? —I improvised a runway and catwalk for him only to spin at the end. —Is this it? (As always, options are available at Phoenix's Wardrobe Vol. II!)

R2's head started to spin and he took out both of his mechanical claws to simulated applause.

"That's the one!"

—Finally! —I screamed out of joy, throwing myself on my bed. Looking at the alarm on my nightstand, I saw that Anakin was going to be here any minute.

[6:59pm]

—Fuck! — My purse was not packed and I still had to put perfume on, and a knock was heard on the door. I snapped my head to the clock and the digits have already changed.

[7:00pm]

It was time.

—R2, could you get it, please? —I yelled, running to the bathroom to apply the scent.

"Already on it." He replied.

I was retouching my makeup and putting perfume on the back of my ears when I heard Anakin's voice on the front door.  Anyone was entitled to call me lame, but the mere sound of him made my whole body tingle.

—Good night gorgeous- Wait, R2, what are you doing here?

"Good night to you too, handsome. Are those flowers for me?"

—No. And that doesn't answer my question, I've been looking for you!

"I had more pressing matters! I was busy being a fashion advisor."