13. Tough love (Last Chapter)

Recap: Akshara marches insides Birla house with her family, police and most importantly- proof! She proves Kairav's innocence and exposes Anisha's affair. Later, to save Anisha and Birla's name, Parth hands over the pen drive Mahima hid from the rest to help Kairav's release without exposing Anisha.

Birlas are shaken to the core knowing the truth and are drowning in guilt. Police leaves and Akhilesh goes with them to get Manish released.

............

Note: Long Chapter | Short epilogue attached in end

...............

Imagine believing that a person you love was wronged and is now gone forever. You try to fight for them- putting your heart, soul and energy into it. You've invested time and effort, forgone morals and principles. And now, after everything, you learn that the side you stood on was build on lies, the person you were defending was the culprit all this while. It leaves you with no ground to stand on.

It is not very easy to describe and was the condition of Birlas. Anisha was someone they all loved. Some showed it, some didn't. She had been a wild child; seeking approval from her parents yet going against everything they wanted from her. However, them loving her did not change the fact that she was wrong. Just because she died doesn't mean her blame can be passed onto the next person. They were pained by her loss and had spend a lot of time channeling their pain for revenge. Now, knowing that the person responsible for it all was she herself was a rather earth shattering revelation. They stood in the aftermath of all this in shame, guilt and pain.

Out of all the Birlas, the person who lost the most in this whole incident was Abhimanyu Birla. The spoiled equation between the two families and all this fighting had hurt his relationship the most. He tried to look towards Akshara who stood still, furiously glaring at Parth and Mahima. He wanted to know what was going inside her head, where they stood.

Abhimanyu: Akshu?

She did not respond. She did not even look at him. Swarna eyed her with worry. Manjiri looked at her own son feeling sorry for him.

Manjiri: Akshu?

Akshara: (snaps) Oh so I am Akshu again?

Manjiri was taken aback by her tone. She had never expected to hear it from Akshara out of all people.

Manjiri: beta, dekh mujhe pata hai tujhe gussa hai pr ab toh sb thik ho gaya na...

Akshara: Gussa hai? Sirf gussa nahi hai. Mere andar aag lagi hui hai! Aur kya thik hua hai? Mera bhai jo ki bekasoor hai, uspr ek murderer ka tag lag gaya! Mental breakdown ho gaya! Hospital me zindagi aur maut ke beech me jhool rahe hai aap logon ki wajah se... Anisha apni halat ki zimmedar khud thi lekin agar mere bhai ko kuch hua toh uske zimmedar hoge sirf aap log!

She pointed at them all. They couldn't even meet her eyes due to guilt.

Akshara: Har baar doosro pr turant ilzaam laga dete ho na aap log! Khud pr lag rahe hai toh kaisa lg raha hai?

Suhasini: upar wala sb dekhta hai aur insaaf bhi krta hai. Jaisa aap logon ne kiya hai vo laut kr ayega toh kya karenge aap?

Swarna: chodiye Maa ji. Manish Ji itne samay baad aa rahe hai. Kairav se bhi milna hai. Ab hume sirf apne ghar walo se mtlb hai...

Vansh and Swarna support Suhasini and take her out. Arohi slowly yet firmly held Akshara's hand and pulled her away. She glanced at Neil who shook his head. She was just as lost as the Birlas. Her guilt was eating her alive. Akshara turned to look back one more time before leaving.