6. Who are you scared of?

Shock. Disbelief. Happiness. Hope. Hurt. Pain. Betrayal. Fear

Think of every emotion you can and that had slapped Abhira in the face the moment their eyes had met. Their hearts felt heavy because of the weight of the emotions they were feeling. Abhimanyu's eyes welled up and so did Akshara's.

Abhimanyu did not know how to react. For months, he dreamed about this day. He had just prayed for the same but now that his wish was granted, he was frozen. Akshara bit her lip to suppress her sob. She wanted to jump in his arms and cry about all she had gone through. From getting blackmailed, manipulated and forced by Kunal to getting literally abused- she had almost lost hopes of escaping them. She raised her hands to hug him, apologize to him over and over and ask him to take her away when she realized something.

Kairav!

Her brother was still in Kunal's custody!

Kunal Khera!

That vile man was here! At the mandap. If he saw her and Abhimanyu, there is no telling what he'd do to her brother! Kunal had tracked for her months with a shock tracker that was painful. She had been starved and yelled at. The only reason he kept a good facade was his sister. But Akshara did not trust him to extend that courtesy to her brother. If he could this to her when she was helping him, she did not even want to think what he'd do when things weren't according to him.

Thinking about this, a flash of fear ran through and she tried to step back. Abhimanyu realized she was shivering due to the water and pulled her out. Taking her to the corner, he pulled out some fabric from the decoration and started to wipe off the excess water. Tear's ran down her cheeks seeing his care, feeling his touch and presence after months. Akshara noticed how he looked different. He had bags under his eyes and his hair seemed different. She did not have much time to ponder as the fear of Kunal was running in the back of her mind.

Akshara: I-I need to go..

Abhimanyu: Seriously?!!!!!!

He frowned and anger ran through his veins. All the hurt, the pain he had been through came to surface.

Abhimanyu: We are meeting after months! Akshara months!! Tumhe yaad hai kuch dino me kya hai? Kaise hoga? Kyu hoga jb hum tumhari nazar me kuch hai hi nahi...

Akshara: A- aisa nahi hai...

Abhimanyu grabbed her arms and she held her breathe.

Abhimanyu: Kyu Akshara!? Itne 'kyu' ke jawab tumse chahiye ki pta nahi kya punchu pehle. Aur tum ho ki milte hi jaane ki baat kr rahi ho?! Aisa kya kr diya maine??! Kaho na!! Kyu kiya tumne mere sath aisa..kiss baat ki saza di mujhe?

Akshara: Abhi...(sobs)

Her eyes darted past him and saw Kunal in the crowd. It won't be long before he'd start looking for her. Akshara panicked. Abhimanyu frowned at her expressions and turned but he did not see any familiar face.

Abhimanyu: Tum dar rahi ho...

He stated. Akshara looked into his eyes- her own wide with fear and pain.

Abhimanyu: Tum kisse dar rahi ho? Kiske liye darr rahi ho? Kairav hai yahan?!...

He looked into her eyes for answers. While Akshara had a habit of hiding truth for other's benefit, her eyes always gave her away.

Abhimanyu: tch tch! Kairav nahi hai... (grows serious) tum kisse darr rahi ho? Batao mujhe...

He grabbed her arm again. This time, registering that she had lost a lot of weight! Her cheeks weren't as full and round but rather hollow. Her waist seemed even smaller. All in all, she looked weak and it pained him.