7. Kunal Vs Abhimanyu

Late night | Room 205 | Resort, Jaipur

Akshara was waiting to talk to Abhimanyu. She could not contain her excitement. She was also very nervous. She did not know how he'd react. He must have missed her like she did. Infact, it must have been worse for him as he did not even know where she was and if she was coming back. He did not even know what went down, she thought as she waited for him. She heard the bell and stood up.

Akshara: Here goes nothing..

She opened the door with a small smile that soon faltered. There was a woman at the door with something in her hands. Akshara looked at her hands and got more confused. Towels?

Woman: Housekeeping...

She said a chirpy voice, too happy for the late hours.

Akshara: But I did not ca-

The woman did not wait for her, rather she marched inside saying she will keep the towels in the bathroom. Akshara stood there, rooted and frowning for a second before following her.

Akshara: I think you got the wrong room.

The woman turned towards Akshara as soon as she followed her into the bathroom and her face suddenly grew serious. She put a hand in her pocket and pulled something out.

Woman: Mujhe Shubham sir ne bheja hai. Ye lijiye, iss envelop me vo proof hai jo aapko chahiye tha. Aur apko inform krne bola hai ki apke bhai mil gaye hai. Infact, unhe sir already Udaipur tk le gaye hai. They'll reach your house soon. Ye lijiye kuch paise. Sir ne kaha apko zarurat hogi to escape here.

Akshara closed her eyes and relief flooded her. Her brother was safe and in Udaipur. Her PI, Shubham had done far and beyond. It was obvious the PI knew he'll be paid handsomely by the Goenka heirs. Still, he had done his work well. Now, Kunal had no hold over Akshara. Her brother, his bait- was out of his reach.

Akshara did not correct the woman that she might not need the money as now her husband would take her away from here. She took the money and thanked her. The woman nodded and left as swiftly as she had entered.

Akshara: wow!! Kairav bhaiya safe hai!!! Dr. Kunal ab unke sath kuch nahi kr payenge..Thank you Kanha Ji. Ab bs! Jitna Maya ko apni awaz deni thi, mai de chuki. Dr. Kunal ne mujhse surgery ke badle favour nahi manga...mujhe slave hi tarah kaid krke rakha. Lekin ab mujhe unki kaid me rakhne ke liye unke pass kuch nahi hai.

Akshara stuffed the envelope with the proof in her pocket and collected what little she had in the room. Most of them where clothes she had bought at Mauritius. She smiled at the sight of her mangalsutra. She wasn't allowed to wear it as it might arouse suspicious in Maya. She wore it while tears flowed down her cheeks. She sat on the bed and fidgeted.

Akshara: Kahan reh gaya Abhi!?

Soon, the bell rang again and Akshara ran to the door. She opened and there he was- the man himself!

Akshara: Abhi!!

She smiled a teary smile while Abhimanyu stood still. In her western clothes, her weight loss was more evident. Now that she wasn't wearing any makeup like earlier, he could clearly see how pale her face was. The loss of her happy round cheeks was apparent and bothered him. If earlier he had thought she looked weak, now he was extremely worried for her health. But, one thing that he had not noticed earlier and that shocked him the most were her hair!

Her hair! The long beautiful curtain of rich and deep black. He loved hair, her more than his. Earlier, they had been tucked behind her head but now that they were lose- he could see how short they were. They casually rested on her shoulders when earlier they used to sway at her waist!