𝐗𝐕. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋

«Game recognises the game. Player sees a one from afar. But the winner? Oh, he just knows how to hide from the very beginning.»

— From Drusilla Tyrell's memoirs.

'No!'

Drusilla is quick to jump between Aemond and Jacaerys, putting hands on her husband's shoulders, watery eyes so pleading and scared, that it is hard to look at her in such state. And there is a visible redness on her face, where the hit landed, an unhealthy one.

'Aemond, please don't.'

This actions of her allows Rhaenyra to run to their side and gesture Daemon to hide the boys away, while Aemond really didn't do anything that they cannot fix.

'My poor girl,' Alicent runs to them too, though only for checking on Drusilla. 'Are you okay?'

But her words fade away as Aemond snaps:

'Why wouldn't I?' Aemond ignores his mother, looking directly at his wife. 'Name me one reason why I shouldn't take his eye for hitting my wife.'

Drusilla cups his cheek, a smile growing in a tender one.

'Because it was my choice to step in. Because I simply wanted to protect you, Aemond. And because, unwillingly, I must bring a bad fortune to this dinner by saying something wrong. So let's forget what happened today,' he slowly relaxes under her touch, breath evening. 'You will teach me about what I should say and what I shouldn't more. It will not repeat.'

But that is what Rhaenyra tried to warn about it, isn't it? That her half-brother is uncontrollable, a single emotion being able to send him out of control. She can calm him down now, but when the tables will turn and Drusilla would be the one to anger him, then what she will do? Who will save her?

'It is not your fault,' he grunts in the end.

Alicent steps closer to her son, whispering something in his ear, and Drusilla uses the opportunity to face Rhaenyra and Daemon. To this moment, Jacaerys and Lucerys are already left, the dinner hall though loud, but much emptier.

'Princess Rhaenyra, Prince Daemon,' she smiles at them with hints of sadness. 'I... I truly didn't wish to ruin this day for all of you. I knew how important it was, and His Majesty spoke a lot about it... I... Do you mind explaining what did I say wrong?'

So, father speaks to her time to time? How curious.

'You know how they say, Lady Tyrell-Targaryen?' Daemon suddenly speaks up. 'Game recognises the game.'

Rhaenyra eyes him, with a slight hints of judgment.

What he is implying on?

Drusilla looks at him, absolutely confused as well.

'Excuse you? What game?' Daemon pierces her with careful gaze. 'Oh. You, Targaryens, has some special family game? Like tradition?'

Drusilla's face lit up with excitement as she is clapping in her hands. Slightly turning to Aemond, she asks:

'What games do your family usually plays?'

Aemond, who just finished talking with his mother, comes closer. Hugging her waist possessively, brining their bodies closer, he furrows:

'What games?'

'I don't know!' She exclaims. 'We should play some game!'

Her husband offers her a tired pat on the shoulder.