𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐍

«I remember my first time seeing Augustus; I was eight back then, the gloomy stare on my pale face as his sister, a six year old girl, danced around, dirtying her white dress in mud, despite my warnings that she shouldn't do that. Augustus was ten, and he watched Drusilla with the numb expression on his face. When he noticed my presence, he asked, voice, though still childish, quite powerful for his age...»

— From Drusilla Tyrell's diary.

It is afternoon, three days before the big ceremony, and two days after Vaemond Velaryon's disappearance, when they all go to meet Augustus Tyrell. Drusilla is enthusiastic even more than usual—jumping side to side, antagonising every existing soul, including Otto Hightower—brother's arrival being clearly the most awaited.

'Careful, Silla,' Aegon sighs as the girl jumps through three stair rungs, almost tripping on her long silky dress. 'Do you want to break something before your wedding? I mean, I would advice to break your pretty head, because the music mother chose on this ceremony is just awf—'

'Stop jinxing her,' Aemond hisses instantly, catching her by waist, carefully spinning around and pulling down on the ground, so she doesn't trip on stairs as his brother said. 'Look around, love. You wouldn't like getting hurt, hm?'

Alicent watches all of them carefully, a wide smile on her face.

She can't help but stare adoringly at the way Aemond's face softens—his habits and touches, too, and even the voice!—when Drusilla is around. She might not notice this, doesn't have anything to compare with, but he is the happiest Alicent had seen him for a long years.

'Sorry!' Drusilla pats his shoulder. 'I just miss Augustus so much... And he was in the North! He always brings back the best gifts after visiting it! I mean, they are probably from Cregan, but still...'

'Lord Stark, am I right?' Her father chides in carefully. 'If I am not mistaken, he was one of Lady Tyrell's broken marriages?'

Alicent sends him a warning look.

It sounds like a simple question, of course, but she knows her father. He wants to know everything about everyone, especially about someone, who can be considered to be their ally when the time comes.

'Ah, yes,' Drusilla glances away, suddenly shy. 'He is not a bad man, Lord Stark. Just sometimes... I guess, sometimes, things are not working.'

Alicent instantly feels bad for this girl.

They never discussed why she had so many unsuccessful fiances—except her brother, this case was quite clear for everyone—and Alicent couldn't even understand how anyone was able to break the marriages with this sweet, gentle soul.

As far as she knows, Jacaerys was the only case where Drusilla refused a man herself. Cregan Stark and Jason Lannister, both of them, were first to send her away.

How stupid of them.

'Yes, yes, of course,' Otto smiles at her, thin lips curling in the usual smile he puts on his face for everyone. 'It is nice that your brother still supports relationship with him.'

'They are sworn brothers,' Drusilla answers without tension. 'I think it is a good thing that my marriage with Lord Stark ended before anything else happened.'

'Oh?' Aegon slightly leans over her shoulder. 'Is there are some hot rumours, sister in law?'

Alicent rolls her eyes.

'Aegon.'

Drusilla blinks owlishly.

'Ha? What do you mean? I am just glad that I reunited with Aemond. He is exactly the man of my dreams,' her cheeks instantly fire up.