𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐓

«I pitied her, and I hated her. To some extent, even loved; not in a way you love your family and friends, but as you love your favourite story, ready to reread the same lines that make you feel miserable. Perhaps, it is how men wanted women to feel towards each other; blinded by rage, by envy and understanding at the same time. But I wasn't raging, and there was nothing to be envious of. So, instead, I pitied her. She was a small creature in my eyes, Alicent Hightower. Once she...»

— From Drusilla Tyrell's diary.

'Perhaps, I am rushing things a little bit, but... But, well, Drusilla, dearest, what colours would you prefer for your wedding?'

Drusilla is not sure if Aemond said something to his mother about the last development of their relationship—clearly, without mentions of killing some old man—but no matter the answer, Alicent looks more enthusiastic today than ever before. Asking an accident questions about her preferences in flowers, colours and food. Even special guests.

Though, Drusilla pretends not to understand the clear hints; not even hints, but direct questions.

'You would look amazing in dark blue,' Alicent starts to mutter, circling around her. 'It will highlight your eyes so much. Though, a silverish dress would look great, too. Oh, yes, definitely...'

'Green.'

'W-what?'

Alicent looks a little bit startled by the sudden answer, raising her gaze at her.

'Why green?'

"Because it is your colour, you imbecile."

'Everyone here seems to wear green,' Drusilla smiles at her brightly. 'I mean... Aegon, you, your Grace, and Hela. So, I mean, when I became a part of a family...'

'I told you to call me Alicent, dear,' she replies rather instinctively.

Then, understanding of her words settles down on Alicent, and she smiles sadly. Drusilla knows what she thinks - from one side, it is a great opportunity to show Rhaenyra that Tyrells are on their side, and from another, she is simply being sentimental.

'I... Let's settle with blue,' Alicent pushes a little bit, to Drusilla's surprise. 'You will look richer in that. And, the green thing it Hightowers stupid tradition. You shouldn't get involved. See, Aemond never wears it.'

"You shouldn't get involved."

Is Drusilla hallucinating, or, perhaps, Alicent truly tries to keep her away from little bickerings between two sides of the family?

How... Sweet.

If it was for Otto he would agree immediately.

Yet, little does she know that Drusilla is involved from the very beginning.

'If her G... Alicent sees me in blue, then it shall be blue!' She nods eagerly, beaming. 'I... I hope you will help me to choose a dress correctly. I know it is mother's duty, but–'

Alicent squeezes her hands affectionately.

'I will help you with everything. No woman should be alone on such a special day.'

Drusilla highly doubts that this day was special for Alicent in her past.

Before they speak another word, the knock on the door sounds, and without waiting for approval a man enters. Though, noticing Drusilla's presence, he stops.

Larys Strong.

The second man Drusilla struggles to contact—more correctly, she is not sure she wants to play with him at all—after Otto Hightower.